Am I able to use checks that have a top and bottom stub?

I am new to Quicken and have taken over an account from someone who already had checks. The checks have a top and bottom voucher with the actual check in the middle. Is there a way to print these checks? I have a few hundred checks on hand.

Denise

Answers

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    It sounds like those checks are not Quicken compatible. You will have to order Quicken compatible voucher checks with the check on top.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denise J said:
    I am new to Quicken and have taken over an account from someone who already had checks. The checks have a top and bottom voucher with the actual check in the middle. Is there a way to print these checks? I have a few hundred checks on hand.

Denise
    How did "someone who already had checks" print these checks? Did they have add-on software and printer drivers installed on their computer? If so, you need this software, too, to print using these check forms.

Blank check stock or unsupported check styles require add-on software and printer drivers from third-party vendors like Avanquest and perhaps even the use of special MICR-toner/ink together with check forms compatible with the vendor's software. To print these checks directly from Quicken you need to be sure to have a version of this add-on software which supports your version of Quicken before you buy anything, software or blank check forms.

Printing checks, ordering Quicken-compatible checks from Intuit or other companies

Click File / Printer Setup / For printing checks to select the correct Check Style.
    For 3-per-page personal size checks choose "Wallet Checks (Check 21 ...)", not "Wallet Checks" (unless you still use some very old stock from many years ago)
    For 3-per-page business size checks choose "Standard Checks", not "Voucher Checks".
    For 1-per-page business size checks with 2 stubs choose "Voucher Checks".
    Canadian users need to select between 2 layout styles, e.g., old style "Voucher" vs. new style "Voucher - Image ready".
    You may have to scroll the list of check styles up or down to see all available styles.

Also be sure to choose and test the proper selections for how to print a partial page in your printer … the settings to choose (e.g., horizontal vs. vertical feed) may depend on the make and model of printer that you use.

Quicken US version only: For a review of Quicken - compatible check styles and perhaps to order new check or envelope supplies, please see https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/checks and https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/envelopes/check-window (the website talks about checks for use with QuickBooks but the same style checks also work with Quicken) or order from any check printing company that offers Quicken/Quickbooks - compatible checks

This discussion has been closed.