Persistent CC-501 error when attempting to add a Chase account

I have been receiving a CC-501 error for several weeks when trying to add a new credit card. I have several accounts linked to Chase and these update fine. Any workarounds or insights?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    rkb15201 said:
    I have been receiving a CC-501 error for several weeks when trying to add a new credit card. I have several accounts linked to Chase and these update fine. Any workarounds or insights?
    Hello @rkb15201

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with CC-501 error messages. Thank you so much for getting in contact with the Quicken Community to bring us this information and seek further discussion and support.

What connection method are you currently using to link your accounts? Also, what instance are you selecting in the Financial Institution list in Quicken? You check the former by navigating to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services. The latter can be confirmed in the same place.

I hope to hear back from you about this, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem via this discussion thread.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rkb15201
    rkb15201 Member
    For existing accounts, I'm using Express Web Connect. I'm not sure what you're referring to for the "instance" but I'm am using Chase. I am getting this error when trying to add a new credit card through Tools > Add Account > (select Chase icon) > Banking accounts (Savings, Checking, Credit Card, etc.) enter my credentials and immediately get the error "Oops we have a problem CC-501." Been getting this for over 3 weeks now.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rkb15201

Thank you for your response and the additional details. After taking a look at your account, I was able to find an error. I have sent you a message with more information/instructions. Please check your inbox when you have a moment. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    rkb15201 said:
    For existing accounts, I'm using Express Web Connect. I'm not sure what you're referring to for the "instance" but I'm am using Chase. I am getting this error when trying to add a new credit card through Tools > Add Account > (select Chase icon) > Banking accounts (Savings, Checking, Credit Card, etc.) enter my credentials and immediately get the error "Oops we have a problem CC-501." Been getting this for over 3 weeks now.
    Hello @rkb15201

Thank you for keeping me informed about the situation, and I am sorry that this error is persisting. 

It may be necessary to enable third-party interactions with the financial institution's online banking services. I recommend searching your online profile with Chase for any notifications or messages regarding this, or menu options where external software is mentioned. You may benefit from reaching out to the Chase support line and requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' agent or escalations team, as these personnel will have greater familiarity with products like Quicken and will consequently be able to direct you to the proper location in the website.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available at Chase and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of the account register and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Chase, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Chase, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken desktop access to your Chase account at https://secure07a.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/securityCenter/overview/index

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

This discussion has been closed.