When printing report to PDF, permit % sizing to fit on fewer pages

Quicken 2007 for Mac HAD it. Quicken Windows HAS it. When printing (i.e., saving) to PDF, I'd like to save the report (say at 75% size vs. 100%) so that a long, multi-line report now fits on a single page vs. two pages, or 4 pages vs. 6 pages. This is an OLD Quicken 2007 feature MISSING on the latest version Quicken for Mac. Saves paper if printed. Lets screen viewers view fewer pages.
Quicken Mac user since 1993. Forced to migrate to Parallels/Quicken Windows in 2020.
FINALLY back to Quicken Mac (Subscription), Feb. 2022. Whew!
Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can do this to a limited extent now. In the print dialog, if you go to the Layout section you can change the number of pages per sheet & it will honor that setting in the PDF. So if you select landscape orientation & 2 pages per sheet you'll get more info per page than you would have gotten in the default portrait mode & 1 page per sheet. 

Personally I'd rather see this implemented by being able to change the font & point size for the report. If you want more info on the page, IMO that's the way to do it.
    Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.
  • bhadley
    bhadley Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Thanks. Great tip on gettng 2 pages via Landscape layout. It occurred to me to explore font/point sizes—but hadn't gotten there yet. In Windows version, and Mac 2007—I could just keep decreasing % size until '2 pages' reduced to ONE page in print dialog.
    Quicken Mac user since 1993. Forced to migrate to Parallels/Quicken Windows in 2020.
    FINALLY back to Quicken Mac (Subscription), Feb. 2022. Whew!