Capital One Connection Issues

It's been months since I've been able to download Capital One transactions (3 accounts). I've tried everything discussed in support suggestions - including deactivating and trying to reactivate online access. Nothing works. I'm continually asked to reauthorized (or, after I deactivated, to authorize) my accounts. I put in username and password, and I get an email from Capital One confirming that I've linked Capital One to quicken, but an error message from Quicken. Nothing ever changes, and I never get any downloads.

I've talked to Capital One, and they have told me it's a Quicken problem.

It looks like you have closed the threads for most who previously reported this problem. Please help!

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    If you want CapOne to work, go to their website, download a .QFX file and import it into Quicken.  Yes, it is not as convenient as One Step Update, but it works.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Many others including me have the same issue. It has been ongoing since fall of 2021. There are weekly updates from Quicken saying that their teams are addressing it but with no ETA. Yes, I know that I can download a qfx file, but automatic updating all my accounts simultaneously is a feature I want.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18
    Many others including me have the same issue. It has been ongoing since fall of 2021. There are weekly updates from Quicken saying that their teams are addressing it but with no ETA. Yes, I know that I can download a qfx file, but automatic updating all my accounts simultaneously is a feature I want.
    I'm just stating that is if you don't want any disappointment in the process, do the .QFX file download.
  • rgoodman39
    rgoodman39 Member
    edited February 18
    [Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been recently getting random CC-501 failures for my Schwab and my Cap One credit card.
    Interesting that BOTH are using the "EWC+" downloading protocol...  When it fails with One Step Update, I have tried the brute force of - bring up the Register -> click on the Settings/Gear --> and Update Now - which seems to work.
    Which begs the question.... why does it randomly fail with OSU, and yet completes with Update Now ?
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason it works with Update Now and not OSU is that Update Now does the same connection to the FI that an initial download when first setting up and isn't connecting to the aggregation server to get the download.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Getting CC-501 for Capital One like the rest of you for at least weeks, if not longer.
    Capital One is supposed to be using Quicken's latest attempt at improving updates from financial institutions.  They even offered cash for setting up a Capital One account. I did that and wish I hadn't. Nothing beats the good old Direct Connect like with Wells Fargo. If Capital One wasn't offering Virtual Online VISA transactions I'd drop them right away to get away from all the issues.
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    I didn’t get the error this morning. Perhaps it’s okay now. Time will tell. 

Worked again on Monday morning, 2/21. That's 2 days in a row.
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • I tried this and was successful in reconnecting my Capital One accounts, at least for today. Fingers crossed going forward. Thank you for the tip.
  • brettossman
    brettossman Member ✭✭
    This happened a while back (months). As I recall, I had to re-setup the credit card accounts, and the online updates worked until just a few days ago.
  • brettossman
    brettossman Member ✭✭
    And of course, I just tried it again, and after a few days of fails, it worked. LOL
    I didn't do anything myself to address it.

> @brettossman said:
    > This happened a while back (months). As I recall, I had to re-setup the credit card accounts, and the online updates worked until just a few days ago.
This discussion has been closed.