Opened quicken today and it updated to a new cloud service...big issue

mleposky
mleposky Member ✭✭
A ton of my investment transactions just disappeared; and I noticed after updated a number of new transactions. Did this new cloud service corrupt my data? Any suggestions? my backup won't load....

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Probably not, the global setting for Simple investing was switched to from Complete by the update.
    Go to Preferences (Edit menu) and change it back.
    There is also a setting at the account level for investment accounts, so you would need to Edit the account from the Account List (Tools menu) and change it there also, that way if the global setting is ever changed by an update in the future, the account level setting be the final say so for that account.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • mleposky
    mleposky Member ✭✭
    Didn't work....a couple of years worth of transactions are missing.....weird.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Then restore a recent backup.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mleposky said:   Did this new cloud service corrupt my data?
    WHAT new Cloud Service are you talking about ??

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • mleposky
    mleposky Member ✭✭
    During upload of accounts on quicken, a message stated that they were updating my data to a new cloud service, this was a one time event that would take a few minutes.
  • mleposky
    mleposky Member ✭✭
    I spent the last several hours updating from a previous back up and found many of my transactions were not categorized properly anymore for the last 3 months...anything that hadn't been reconciled was corrupted somehow?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    mleposky said:
    I spent the last several hours updating from a previous back up and found many of my transactions were not categorized properly anymore for the last 3 months...anything that hadn't been reconciled was corrupted somehow?
    Hello @mleposky

I am so sorry to hear about this issue with categories that seems to be emerging. Thank you for continuing to speak with us about this and for keeping us updated.

How new were the mis-categorized transactions? Also, where is your current active data file being stored? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mleposky
    mleposky Member ✭✭
    Transactions were uncategorized back to Last November/December....looks like the last time I reconciled my accounts. Everything that was reconciled was ok....the problem is that I have several investments that I enter manually and never had a need to reconcile. Most of that data in these investment accounts going back over two years is gone.....my file is stored on my C drive on my PC. Now most of my historical reporting is no longer accurate; renders any tax tracking or investment tracking I was doing irreverent as all the dividend transactions I put in manually are gone? Really irritating....
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    mleposky said:
    Transactions were uncategorized back to Last November/December....looks like the last time I reconciled my accounts. Everything that was reconciled was ok....the problem is that I have several investments that I enter manually and never had a need to reconcile. Most of that data in these investment accounts going back over two years is gone.....my file is stored on my C drive on my PC. Now most of my historical reporting is no longer accurate; renders any tax tracking or investment tracking I was doing irreverent as all the dividend transactions I put in manually are gone? Really irritating....
    Hello @mleposky,  

Thank you for checking back in with us regarding this problem. I am sorry that the issue seems to be reoccurring. 

How frequently do you save backups? You can do this anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. We recommend that you do this frequently whenever operating the Quicken program as it is necessary for data preservation and can even be useful in a number of other situations. If this is being done often, try to restore from a backup just prior to when you last reconciled your account. You can do this by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup File.

I look forward to any updates you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.