Using the invoice I designed

hmbrock
hmbrock Member
I have created a new invoice design. When I try to create a new invoice I get a column called Category which was not in my design. Can someone please tell me how to use the invoice I created to send my invoices.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the Canadian version. In my US version, for every new invoice I create, I can select which Layout I want to use when printing invoices. The Layout field appears in the upper right hand corner of the New Customer Invoice dialog.
    The Category column in the New Invoice dialog is required. You need to either use the Item field to start a new line item (which is predefined and already has a category specified) or you can create ad-hoc line items by skipping the Item field and filling out the Category. Each line item in an invoice must use a Category to properly assign this item to a Business Income category
  • KAT3920
    KAT3920 Member
    I have the same problem and I am in the US on the Windows platform I have created several new invoice designs. When I try to create a new invoice I get a column called "Category" which was not in my design. Can someone please tell me how to use the invoice I created to send my invoices. Does this work better on Chrome?
This discussion has been closed.