Create Feature to Have AutoEntry Transactions Actually Auto Enter

This former VERY USEFUL feature stopped working many months ago. Let's get Quicken to add it as a new feature, so that we don't waste hours manually entering transactions that used to be automatically entered (for at least the last twenty years).
1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto enter for Reminders is working as it always has for me. Are the reminders still set to Auto enter but they do not go into the register? Is the "days before" setting correct?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto Entry works correctly for me, also.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • bscurtis1960
    bscurtis1960 Member ✭✭
    Jim_Harman, the reminders are still set to Auto enter but they do not go into the register. The "days before" setting is correct. This Quicken fail has been reported by many many Users, many many times. Like I said, been using this feature for 20 years with no issues, until sometime in 2020 or 2021 (I do not recall the first date it happened).
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an incident where doing a Validate and Repair fixed the Auto enter issue
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882541/auto-enter-bills-have-stopped-automatically-posting-to-registers

But in this discussion, several users report Auto enter not working correctly
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903967/auto-enter-bills-reminders-not-entering-automatically-what-has-changed
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20
    Quicken intentionally changed the behavior of reminders about the same time they introduced Online Bills about two years ago.  It appears they are maintaining the current due date when a reminder's transaction is entered and silently no longer allow the reminder's due date to subsequently be set to the same or an earlier date.  The hidden date may manifest a variety of symptoms.  Most notably, reminders appear to skip months.  The generic work around is to delete the misbehaving reminder and create a new reminder.