QUicken not responding

canace
canace Member ✭✭
Has anyone experienced this problem. I sign on and the screen is blank and nothing happens.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Canace

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. Could you please attempt to un/reinstall your Quicken? 

For instructions please visit the link below. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps from the Help Article above and let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Kr2006
    Kr2006 Member
    I have had this same problem ever since I updated Quicken last week. The program begins to open but has a blank screen and will not open any further. I have un/reinstalled the program and it is still the same. I have seen in the discussions that this has become quite common over the last week. Quicken needs another update to repair this error.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Kr2006 said:
    I have had this same problem ever since I updated Quicken last week. The program begins to open but has a blank screen and will not open any further. I have un/reinstalled the program and it is still the same. I have seen in the discussions that this has become quite common over the last week. Quicken needs another update to repair this error.
    Hello @Kr2006

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue as well. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for discussion and support. 

What operating system - including the version of Windows - are you currently running? Be sure that it is one of those currently supported for Quicken by checking in this article linked below:

I hope this is helpful, and I intend to work with you further on this problem via this thread, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RichM81
    RichM81 Member ✭✭
    Try turning off cloud sync. Their web platform synching is a mess.
  • canace
    canace Member ✭✭
    Program will not open so cannot turn off cloud.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

This discussion has been closed.