Is there still a problem paying State Farm with Quick Pay? (answer, yes!)

I have questioned the Community about State Farm in the past and gotten an answer from Quicken analysts. The discussion was closed because it appeared that Quick Pay would now work. I was able to download all my State Farm Policies and even find the amount and date due for one that I had just received a paper bill for. However, even though Quicken Bill Manager found this info, when I tried to use Quick Pay, I got a message that "Quick Pay is not available for this biller".

If you go back and look at my history on this and the replies from Quicken analysts, you will see what I did and was happy when I thought it was finally working. Unfortunately, it apparently is not.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. While the status of the biller shows as healthy, it seems that there is an issue with syncing and payments at the moment. I have submitted a bug report to our service provider. Again we apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Dennis6@
    [email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response! State Farm has been an issue from the beginning of the new payment system. I thought I finally had it fixed based on responses and suggestions from Quicken but, I guess not. This last time Quick Pay was able to get the amount due and the due date correctly. It then asked me to enter my ID and password for State Farm which I did. I thought it was finally going to work but then I got the message "Quick Pay not available for this biller", which does not make sense given how far I had already gotten. However, the confusion goes beyond that. You say the biller should be healthy (and work) but there is a syncing problem. Your telephone support people say that the biller does not accept Quick Pay. I tend to believe you and not the support people because of how far I did get and that other analysts on your team think it should work. However, it would be nice if you got the support people on the same page.

In general, I think whatever group coordinates Quick Pay with billers needs to do a better job. I have had problems with several billers that show as available for Quick Pay but do not work and even some, like Chase, that eventually work but make it hard to use. Besides the nuisance and inconvenience of this, there is a monetary cost to me. I have paid my bills through Quicken for many years. I did not pay a fee for the old system and should not have to for the new system. Unfortunately, because many of my billers don't work with Quick Pay even though they are in your list of supported billers or, because they are not included on that list, I have to use Check Pay and that puts me over the limit, so I have to pay a monthly fee. That should not be. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates and fees.

• Dennis6@
    [email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input. Makes sense. I have my electric bill automatically debited directly to my checking account (I worked for the power company and thought I should use their system) and I have my phone bill charged to AMX (we like the points). I had many bills automatically paid with the old Quicken system which worked fine. The new system does not handle "Repeating online payments" like the old one did, which is one of the several issues with the new system. The reason I wanted to use Quicken is that the exact amount and payment date are automatically posted (amounts are variable and a number of them are not on a regular schedule). Using reminders comes close but I would prefer the system to work as it should. Thanks again! 
This discussion has been closed.