Missing 6 weeks of transactions from Schwab

Is there a way to get transactions from a specific set of dates for only one account from Schwab to Quicken? Every time I try to update in a different way, it updates all transactions for all accounts, and has skipped 6 weeks of transactions in one account.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    kh77777 said:
    Is there a way to get transactions from a specific set of dates for only one account from Schwab to Quicken? Every time I try to update in a different way, it updates all transactions for all accounts, and has skipped 6 weeks of transactions in one account.
    Hello @kh777

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty with updates. Thank you for bringing this issue before the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried deactivating the accounts associated with Schwab that you do not wish to update, prior to running a One Step Update? First, save a backup by going into the menu at the top of the screen and navigate to File > Copy or Backup File. Do this frequently as this is necessary for preserving your data and can help in a variety of other contexts, as well. Once that is done, follow the steps listed below:

1. Select the Tools menu and select Account List
    2. In the Account List, select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
    5. Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. Note: If you do not receive this message, additional information is available below
      • Direct Connect users: If you are deactivating a Direct Connect account, you may see an additional prompt advising you to contact your bank to cancel the Direct Connect service.

This is only recommended if you intend to deactivate an account permanently and need to contact the bank to stop any related fees.
    6. Click OK to the confirmation message.  
    7. (optional) If you do not intend to reactivate, contact your financial institution to cancel any fees they may charge for access to Quicken online services. Deactivating the account in Quicken will not normally stop the service fee.
    Just in case you are prompted about this, here are some instructions regarding the accepting of downloaded transactions:

1. Open the account register and select the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register. If there are not any transactions listed, skip to step 3.
    2. Accept all transactions and then follow the steps above to deactivate online services.
    3. Select the Tools menu and select Online Center.
    4. Select the appropriate financial institution and account.
    5. Select Transactions.
    • If transactions are listed, click Compare to Register and accept the transactions.
    • If no transactions are listed or Compare to Register does not allow you to accept the transactions, additional information is available on the support site.
    You can always reconnect the accounts by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' sign in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Be sure to LINK the accounts you wish to reconnect in the Action column when prompted, and select Ignore for those you do not. 

I hope to hear back from you regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kh77777
    kh77777 Member
    I appreciate your idea, but Instead of just requiring me to add the 6 weeks of transactions, this will require me to categorize and re-link 10+ years of transactions, I assume. No thanks.
This discussion has been closed.