Is there a way to clear out all financial institutions credentials and start again

I'm trying to resolve an issue when I try and update my Captial Card it try's to connect to bank of america and I'm in an infinite loop. I want to clear out all credentials and start again.
Tagged:

Answers

• DannyB52
    DannyB52 Member ✭✭
    All credentials for all your online accounts? There may be a better answer, but if you want a fresh start perhaps uninstall Quicken then reinstall but instead of importing you current data to the new install, create a whole new data set with a new file name. Your new data set won't have the depth of historical data, but that will always be available in your old data set you can load if needed. Not real sure if this would fix you problem, but it's a possibility if nothing else comes up or works.
    B) Danny
    QW Subscription, R38.30, Windows 10 Home
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 24
    [Removed - Mac]
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Eifion
    Eifion Member
    Thank you RickO. I tried to deactivate it from the Capital Card account but it still goes into the loop for Bank of America. Very odd.
  • Eifion
    Eifion Member
    Danny I like it as a the nuclear option if I can't work it out. Thank you.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 24
    [Removed - Mac]
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Eifion
    Eifion Member
    Jasmine, thank you for the detailed instructions. However, I'm not able to complete it. I want to confirm this is for Quicken Started Edition R38.30 Windows 10 Enterprise.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Eifion You posted in a QMac category. No wonder you are getting bad answers. I will ask that the post be moved to QWin.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Eifion
    Eifion Member
    That would explain it. Thank you RickO...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would try this:
    • Backup your Quicken data file.
    • Deactivate all Cap One and BofA accounts, including any accounts which are marked closed, hidden or have been inactive for a long time but are still activated.
    • Go into Edit Account Details, General tab for each of these bank accounts and blank out Financial Institution Name, Account Number, Routing Number and Customer ID (the first 4 fields in the right column). Click OK to save.
    • Close Quicken, wait a minute, then restart Quicken.
    • Now use the Tools / Add Account process to set up Cap One. Give it your userID and password and let it find all accounts under this ID. In the list of accounts found at the bank select the ones you wish to activate. Select to LINK the accounts found to your already existing Quicken account registers. Set to Ignore / Do not add those accounts you want to skip for now. You can always do this later.
    • Repeat for BofA.
This discussion has been closed.