Workaround for Capital One One-Step Downloads

RSM2000
RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
Like many others, from time to time, I am unable to obtain my recent transactions from my various Capital One 360 accounts and receive a CC-501 error message "unable to connect to the server".  Although my data file 'validation' and 'super validation' both show no error, I encounter this problem, which is widely-reported on these forums, with no actual 'solution' as of February 23, 2022 posted by Quicken support.  What DOES work for me following the error is to open any of the Capital One 360 accounts in a register, and then click "update now" on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the account register screen.  If there any new transactions available since your last successful update to your various Capital One accounts, they should download using this method.

Comments

• RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Like many others, from time to time, after opening Quicken for Windows and entering my 'Vault Password' (see dialog box below) -

my other banks/credit union accounts download OK but I am unable to obtain my recent transactions from my various Capital One 360 accounts and receive a CC-501 error message "unable to connect to the server".  Although my data file 'validation' and 'super validation' both show no error, I encounter this problem, which is widely-reported on these forums, with no actual 'solution' as of February 23, 2022 posted by Quicken support.  What DOES work for me following the error is to open any of the Capital One 360 accounts in a register, and then click "update now" on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the account register screen.  If there any new transactions available since your last successful update to your various Capital One accounts, they should download using this method.
This discussion has been closed.