Still can't communicate with the mothership, stop closing things that aren't fixed

I'm still having Quicken connection problems. I am on windows 10, Quicken r 38.30. I have shut down all my virus protection, VPN, and tried to make both Windows Defender and AVG firewall settings to allow communications with Quicken. I cannot get into any of my files still. I do not work for Quicken and do not have 24 hours a day to devote to troubleshooting this problem. Plus, I think it came out of Windows Defender changes. I do not get any MFA text messages anymore and I still get the Oops, Something went wrong. message when I try to log into Quicken on the web. I don't know what else to do accept to go back to paper recording. Send me actually direction step by step to fix this and stop putting me in your stupid community site. I want actual firewall setting to use, both for AVG and Windows Defender, actual IP addresses to connect to, directions on what settings I need to change. etc.!!!!! more than 20 years of using Quicken and I have never had problems like this in the past.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Why do you think you need 2 firewalls? Use Defender or AVG, not both. Presumably there's a firewall in your router as well. I suggest disabling all that stuff temporarily and see if it helps. Then you can add them back one a time until it breaks again.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that when you enable a third-party firewall, the Windows Defender one gets disabled automatically.  It is a very bad idea to run two firewalls at the same time.  The same with running two anti-virus programs.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Send me actually direction step by step to fix this and stop putting me in your stupid community site. I want actual firewall setting to use, both for AVG and Windows Defender, actual IP addresses to connect to, directions on what settings I need to change.
    If you don't want to be posting on the community site you should be contacting Quicken support, not posting here on the community site:
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.