PNC and webconnect issue

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Not able to download transactions.

Comments

• docpad11
    docpad11 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem with PNCBank and web connect. Had a server error last week and the connection was changed from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @docpad11

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify, what is the error code or message received with PNC-web connect? Also, what was the server error that deemed it necessary to switch to a different connection method?

Please elaborate further. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • John W
    John W Member ✭✭
    Reset all accounts and got one to download, the other at ICCU (Idaho Central Credit Union) will not download, I reset, de-activated, re-activated, closed Quicken, rebooted PC. No joy.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John W

Thank you for your response. For the account that is not downloading, are you not receiving any error codes or messages still? Also, what connection method are you using for this particular account?

-Quicken Paloma
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    docpad11 said:
    I have the same problem with PNCBank and web connect. Had a server error last week and the connection was changed from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

I suggest that you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  You'll know that you have deactivated the Online Services of all the accounts when the financial institution no longer appears in the One Step Update Settings window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field,  select Tools > Add Account....  Enter PNC Bank - Direct Connect, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.   After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained at the financial institution and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.

Note:  When we switch connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete.

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    edited February 28
    FWIW, I recently opened an account at PNC, mainly to use their Quicken Direct Service, including bank bill pay. PNC is in the process of sending me an acct PIN, which is needed to fully access their Direct Connect service, and it may take up to 10 business days to arrive in the mail.
This discussion has been closed.