Exporting report data to Local network attached storage device does not update file

Pedro504
Pedro504 Member ✭✭
When exporting report data in an excel format to a local network attached storage device Quicken for windows does not save the file.
Quicken allows me to generate the file and navigate to the desired directory on the storage device. Proceeding with the save, Quicken presents a dialogue box indicating the file already exists which I would expect. After selecting Yes, overwrite the existing file, Quicken presents a dialogue box for opening the foder or the respective file. If opening the folder is selected, nothing happens, no new window is opened. If opening the file is selected Quicken repsonds with a something is wrong error message. In both cases the file is not updated.
If I perform the exact same operations on the local C: drive all functions work as expected.
The locally attached network storage device works for all other non Quicken use cases. :|
Is there an issue with these devices and Quicken?
Quicken Premier on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    The issue is that Quicken recognizes there is a file with the same name and prompts you with the "Do you want to Overwrite", but there is no function in Quicken to actually overwrite the file. You must delete the file in Explorer beforehand. The same issue exists if you use the Create a copy option.
    Not sure why you say it works on local. That has not been my experience.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 11 Pro version 21H2
  • Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:
    > The issue is that Quicken recognizes there is a file with the same name and prompts you with the "Do you want to Overwrite", but there is no function in Quicken to actually overwrite the file. You must delete the file in Explorer beforehand. The same issue exists if you use the Create a copy option.
    > Not sure why you say it works on local. That has not been my experience.

Interesting and thank you for the comment. Today I double verified that Quicken will overwrite the file if it is already present if the file resides on my local C: or D: disk drives.
    Quicken Premier on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
This discussion has been closed.