Cannot edit/delete transactions from QMac QXF file that were Imported into QWin

I've been using Quicken for Mac for several years. I've recently switched to a Windows 11 laptop. I imported my data from the Mac via a QDF QXF file. I had recurring bills/payments set up before. Now in Windows, I cannot edit or delete some of those transactions. Is anyone familiar with this issue? Have a fix for it?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited February 28
    I've been using Quicken for Mac for several years. I've recently switched to a Windows 11 laptop. I imported my data from the Mac via a QDF file. I had recurring bills/payments set up before. Now in Windows, I cannot edit or delete some of those transactions. Is anyone familiar with this issue? Have a fix for it?
    Hello @jasonkgreen

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty with editing transactions. Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Quicken Community in order to discuss this issue. 

First, proceed to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Do this frequently, as this is imperative in preserving your data and can even be helpful in a number of other situations.

Next, follow these steps in order to validate and repair your file: navigate to File > Validate and Repair File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure to make the appropriate selections in the following screen.

I look forward to speaking with you about this issue in greater detail, and hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I'm unclear about what these instructions are meant to accomplish. As I mentioned, I have moved my data from a Mac to a Windows 11 laptop. I had recurring transactions set up weekly and monthly. Some of those transactions I cannot edit or delete now. How do I handle these transactions?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I'm unclear about what these instructions are meant to accomplish. As I mentioned, I have moved my data from a Mac to a Windows 11 laptop. I had recurring transactions set up weekly and monthly. Some of those transactions I cannot edit or delete now. How do I handle these transactions?
    @jasonkgreen

Thank you for remaining in contact with me about this issue.

I understand that the issue pertains to editing transactions, but this unusual program behavior has to be diagnosed, and typically this is related to the data file itself. In order to further diagnose the problem, you can check the current location of the data file by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure that the data file is not being operated from an external hard drive or cloud storage service.

If the file is being stored locally on your computer, the best option is to attempt to convert the data file once again. Do you still have access to the original data file? If so, proceed through the steps provided by the support article linked below, after saving a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the menu previously referenced:

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Okay, I made the backup file as originally instructed. I then created a new Quicken file with no accounts or transactions in it. I imported the QXF file from the Mac version and I am still having the same problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The QXF format doesn't transfer reminders, so I have to assume that what is really the problem is you are talking about the fact that you were using Quicken Bill Manager on Quicken Mac, and now that you are on Quicken Windows these are showing up.

If this is the case, I would say that this isn't a "supported feature" to transfer those bills/payments.  The best would be to have canceled them all in Quicken Mac.

You might be able to do something by going to the Bills (& Income) tab and select the gear icon and then Manage Online Billers.  (Note the tabs is called Bills & Income if you have selected to combine the bills, income, and transfers from that same gear icon menu.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.