Mobile Sync taking a long time to complete

In what used to take minutes, mobile sync is now taking over an hour (70 minutes) to complete. I reset the cloud data but that did not help. I also ran a validation check of the Windows data file and there were no concerns.

This started happening only in the past couple of weeks.

Once I let it run completely, the following error popped up at the 70-minute mark: "The Quicken ID or password entered does not match the information used when this data file was connected [HTTP-401]. Please sign in again. If you need to reset your password, click the "Forgot your password?" link. If the error persists, contact Quick Support"

However, I checked the data on my phone and the web and everything seems to have synced okay.

I am running Windows version R38.30, build 27.1.38.30 on Windows 10.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    In what used to take minutes, mobile sync is now taking over an hour (70 minutes) to complete. I reset the cloud data but that did not help. I also ran a validation check of the Windows data file and there were no concerns.

This started happening only in the past couple of weeks.

Once I let it run completely, the following error popped up at the 70-minute mark: "The Quicken ID or password entered does not match the information used when this data file was connected [HTTP-401]. Please sign in again. If you need to reset your password, click the "Forgot your password?" link. If the error persists, contact Quick Support"

However, I checked the data on my phone and the web and everything seems to have synced okay.

I am running Windows version R38.30, build 27.1.38.30 on Windows 10.
    Hello @keith.st.clair,         

Thank you for getting in contact with us about this issue with slow sync times. I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Have you tried signing out of the mobile app and then signing back in? Just to reiterate, this is done by following these steps:
    1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign in with your credentials as you would normally.
    I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Hello @keith.st.clair

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. Could you please sign out of Quicken then sign back in? 

To do this please select Edit >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud accounts > Sign in as a different user. On the pop up window type in “yes” to confirm then click sign out. 
    You will then be prompted sign back in with your Quicken ID and password. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • dmullig
    dmullig Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. For weeks now, the One Step Update takes forever instead of a few minutes. I haven't timed how long, since I now go and work on other things while I wait, but definitely well over 30 minutes, probably closer to an hour. This is a sync for all accounts, not just mobile. It ends up completing successfully...I don't get an error of any kind.

The only issue for me is it used to only take minutes. Going from minutes one day to an hour the next day isn't normal.

I just checked the CONNLOG.TXT. The last couple times, it's taken "only" 20minutes. Here's today's sync.

==== OSU Start (20220228/12:31:16) ====
    20220228 12:31:17: QFN: Beginning send to https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qw2800/fib.dll
    20220228 12:31:22: QFN: End send to https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qw2800/fib.dll, netstatus 0
    20220228 12:31:22: QFN: Beginning send to https://services.quicken.com/ofx-secure-plus/10482
    20220228 12:31:24: QFN: End send to https://services.quicken.com/ofx-secure-plus/10482, netstatus 0
    20220228 12:31:24: Marketing session sending to: http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/partners/quicken/nbofx/nbindex.ini
    20220228 12:31:24: QFN: Beginning get from http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/partners/quicken/nbofx/nbindex.ini
    20220228 12:31:25: QFN: End get from http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/partners/quicken/nbofx/nbindex.ini, netstatus 0
    20220228 12:31:25: QFN: Beginning send to https://services.quicken.com/ofx-secure-plus/10482
    20220228 12:31:26: QFN: End send to https://services.quicken.com/ofx-secure-plus/10482, netstatus 0
    20220228 12:31:27:

==== OSU End (20220228/12:51:54) ====

OK, going backwards in CONNLOG.TXT, it looks like the lengthy sync started on 2/7/2022, where it took 17minutes ( I hadn't sync'd since 2/1 before that).
  • keith.st.clair
    keith.st.clair Member ✭✭
    I logged out of the phone app and the cloud account in the desktop app. I reran the sync and it's been running for over 35 minutes. It doesn't appear that the two suggestions are working.
  • keith.st.clair
    keith.st.clair Member ✭✭
    edited February 28
    This time it took an hour and 20 minutes to complete. Same error at the end.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @keith.st.clair

Thank you for the additional details, although we apologize this issue is still persisting. Could you please let us know if you are using a VPN? 

-Quicken Paloma
  • keith.st.clair
    keith.st.clair Member ✭✭
    Hi Paloma, no. I am not using a VPN. Also, this issue seemed to only start within the past couple of weeks. I have 1gb Internet speeds and use this internet connection to work from home with video calls throughout the day without any issues.
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited March 1
    Hello @keith.st.clair

Thank you for your response there is something else we could have you try. Since you already tried doing a normal cloud reset, instead you can try manually resetting your cloud data by deleting your cloud account from a test file and then resyncing your main data file which will create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within the data file).

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps. Then, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Creating a new file). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account

To begin select Edit >Preference >Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts >Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) >select the cloud account used for your main data file and click Delete >type yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to How to alternate between multiple files). Once the main file opens, follow the instructions found in the support article to resync your data. If successful, sign back into your mobile/web app(s). You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

If that fails or you prefer to have assistance, then I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone in case you may need more extensive troubleshooting. They also have the ability to screen share with you if you're comfortable doing so.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • keith.st.clair
    keith.st.clair Member ✭✭
    Hi Paloma,

I followed your instructions and deleted the cloud data file and re-synced. It did not help. It ran for an hour and 10 minutes and produced the same error.

Computer resource information while it was running:
    CPU - sat at 35% with infrequent spikes to 100%
    Memory - 81% used. (Dropped to 75% after closing Quicken)
    Disk - minimal at 0%-3% busy
    Ethernet - not busy at all

Keith
  • keith.st.clair
    keith.st.clair Member ✭✭
    Another update. After I did the mobile sync last night, I ran a full sync. At the top of the sync window there was a message (attached) that said my data was being synced to an "improved cloud service" with a warning that it could take several minutes. After about 40 minutes the sync completed. I then ran a mobile sync and it completed in 20 minutes. This is still taking longer than I would expect, but it's better than the 70+ minutes I have been seeing.

Is 20 minutes an expected length of time for a mobile sync?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @keith.st.clair,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community for assistance, though I apologize for any trouble you experienced due to this issue.

Is 20 minutes an expected length of time for a mobile sync?
    While 20 minutes is still considered a lengthier amount of time than normal or desired for Mobile Sync, it is also not uncommon and is usually related to how much data is being synced and how large the data file is. Larger data files with more data do tend to take longer to sync. May I ask what your data file size is? 

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • keith.st.clair
    keith.st.clair Member ✭✭
    My data file is about 175mb
This discussion has been closed.