refuses to close accounts

sdai
sdai Member ✭✭
quicken refuses to close accounts.
it simply freezes
read through multiple cases here, removed reminders, reconciled, validated files, etc, etc, software keeps freezing after yes.

Comments

• sdai
    sdai Member ✭✭
    put a cancel button, at the least i don't need to restart and enter passwords all the time when it crashes
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sdai

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. For this instance, could you please try validating the file? Before you begin please ensure you have saved a backup. 

To begin please select File >Validate and Repair File. On the pop up menu check the first box “validate” and click OK. 

Once the file has been validated please attempt to close the account and let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't close the account.  I would just zero it out and hide it.  Closing it in Quicken severely restricts what you can do to that account in the future and trust me, you probably will want to.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you are forced to do all the things that closing the account would do for you, there is little reason to actually use the close feature and as @splasher several reason not to use it.

It isn't like it is going to make it read-only or something to block problems with it in the future (like it probably should).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • sdai
    sdai Member ✭✭
    already done, no luck

> @"Quicken Paloma" said:
    > Hello @sdai, 
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. For this instance, could you please try validating the file? Before you begin please ensure you have saved a backup. 
    > To begin please select File >Validate and Repair File. On the pop up menu check the first box “validate” and click OK. 
    > Once the file has been validated please attempt to close the account and let us know how it goes! 
    > -Quicken Paloma
  • sdai
    sdai Member ✭✭
    Splasher and Chris_QPW,
    thanks, i did zero it no not interfere from totals anymore
This discussion has been closed.