Reconcile mismatch

dnelson889
dnelson889 Member ✭✭
I reconciled one account last month and it came out perfectly. This month there was a $0.30 mismatch at reconcile. There were a very limited number of transactions (8), and I checked their amounts against the bank records - they are exact matches. Where did Quicken get a 30 cent error? Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I reconciled one account last month and it came out perfectly. This month there was a $0.30 mismatch at reconcile. There were a very limited number of transactions (8), and I checked their amounts against the bank records - they are exact matches. Where did Quicken get a 30 cent error? Thanks
    Hello @dnelson889

I am sorry that you are experiencing this frustration with reconciling accounts. Thank you for taking the time to bring this subject up for discussion here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are there any transactions in the Reconcile window that do not have a checkmark in the box under the CLR column? I just want to be sure that this has been confirmed not to be the case.

Also, be sure to verify that your opening balance is correct, and that all downloaded transactions have been cleared with the bank. 

I hope this is helpful, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem in the future, if necessary.

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • dnelson889
    dnelson889 Member ✭✭
    All of the amounts had a check mark. All of the 8 register entries came from downloaded transactions. The account reconciled to the cent a month ago. All of the entries in quicken match the entries in the bank register online. The opening balance is from 2 years ago, and shouldn't have changed.
    So I guess, the short answer, is that I still need help. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.