Bills and Income Paycheck mystery increase

John McClure
John McClure Member ✭✭
Hello. I noticed today that my paycheck (net), listed in bills and income is almost 4x higher then what it should be. While I appreciate the salary increase, something seems to have created an error. I did not notice this error yesterday, on March 2.
All my paychecks in the future are affected and of course forecasted balances and taxes in the tax center.
Anyone else have this issue? Do we have a fix yet?

I'm using Quicken for windows 10, version 38.30, build 27.1.38.30
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Hello. I noticed today that my paycheck (net), listed in bills and income is almost 4x higher then what it should be. While I appreciate the salary increase, something seems to have created an error. I did not notice this error yesterday, on March 2.
    All my paychecks in the future are affected and of course forecasted balances and taxes in the tax center.
    Anyone else have this issue? Do we have a fix yet?

I'm using Quicken for windows 10, version 38.30, build 27.1.38.30
    Hello @John McClure,     

I am sorry to hear about this issue with net amounts being incorrect. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in order to bring this problem to our attention.

Would it be possible to restore from a backup saved from March 2, 2022, or slightly before? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup File.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• John McClure
    John McClure Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Jared,

I restored the backup from March 1 and the problem with the incorrect amounts is fixed.
    I'm still not sure why it happened in the first place however.

Thank you for the suggestion!---John
  • Barry Carson
    Barry Carson Member
    A restore temporarily fixed the issue for me, until I downloaded transactions again and it came bac worse. So I went back to the original version that was only 4 times higher.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Hello @Quicken Jared,

I restored the backup from March 1 and the problem with the incorrect amounts is fixed.
    I'm still not sure why it happened in the first place however.

Thank you for the suggestion!---John
    Hello @John McClure,      

I am very happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for reaching out again to let us know about the change in circumstances.

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

@Barry Carson,           

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing. Thank you for following this discussion here on the Quicken Community for further information about this issue.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • cppashley
    cppashley Member ✭✭
    I brought up this issue in a new post today and was alert to this post. My Income transactions were 8 times the amount. I restored a backup from March 3 10:39am EST and it was okay. So, something happened between that time and my March 5th backup that had the bad transactions. We'll see going forward if it returns.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cppashley

Thank you for your response. It may be difficult to determine the actual reason as to why this occurred during the specific time frame mentioned. However, we are glad that you were able to restore a viable backup. If you run into this issue or receive any specific error codes/messages please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • JMorgan99
    JMorgan99 Member
    I am having the same issue. I went back to previous from days prior which have the paychecks split correctly and everything looking fine. But if I do a SuperValidate, it recreates the problem and most paychecks going back are messed up. When I "mouse over" the split, it looks fine. But if I open up the transaction, all line items are duplicated x4 (or more) and the overall amount is no longer in the entry.

Very long time Quicken user. I back up quite frequently, always with a Super Validate. Something is going on to cause the error. Help!
  • JMorgan99
    JMorgan99 Member
    Quick follow-up... have tested with several "clean" back-ups (I do these monthly... full online update, Super Validate, make sure there are no errors, and then leave this as a permanent copy to go back to). In other words, a version of the file that was 100% error free. I open it up, do a Super Validate, and immediately get a series of transaction errors on paychecks, which results in the split transactions being completely broken on dozens (and dozens!) of historical paychecks.
This discussion has been closed.