M&T Bank Direct Connect Not Downloading Transactions

Maako6
Maako6 Member
After years of this working property, it stopped updating in February. M&T Bank told me today that their records show that I haven't been trying to connect. They had me change my banking password to 10 characters or less -that didn't work either. I disengaged online services and tried to reactivate, that didn't work. M&T does not know how to fix the issue. I was on the phone with them for about 30 minutes. I see others have this problem recently, any fix?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your response and for providing additional information, though I apologize for the delay in my response.
    Maako6 said:
    Thank you for reaching out. I have tried that and it sits and spins looking for accounts, but then just says "Sorry. We encountered and error. Quicken is having trouble connecting to M&T Bank Direct Connect. All of my other banking institutions work properly, It has been returning this result for the past two two + weeks.
    Aside from the error message you described receiving, does there also happen to be an error code associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?
    Maako6 said:
    I also reinstalled quicken from the site. For some reason it downloads "Quicken New 2018". Is there a newer version of this, and could that be the problem?
    For clarification; Quicken 2018 is when our subscription model was started. So while it says "2018", it is actually the same as the current and latest version of Quicken.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Maako6,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, could you please try reactivating through Add Account  (not through Set Up Now)?

To reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Maako6
    Maako6 Member
    Thank you for reaching out. I have tried that and it sits and spins looking for accounts, but then just says "Sorry. We encountered and error. Quicken is having trouble connecting to M&T Bank Direct Connect. All of my other banking institutions work properly, It has been returning this result for the past two two + weeks.
  • Maako6
    Maako6 Member
    I also reinstalled quicken from the site. For some reason it downloads "Quicken New 2018". Is there a newer version of this, and could that be the problem?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your response and for providing additional information, though I apologize for the delay in my response.
    Maako6 said:
    Aside from the error message you described receiving, does there also happen to be an error code associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?
    Maako6 said:
    For clarification; Quicken 2018 is when our subscription model was started. So while it says "2018", it is actually the same as the current and latest version of Quicken.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    just to clarify - what version are you running ...... Help --> About Quicken
    The M&T entries looks like this - are you using the M&T Bank Corp - or the M&T Bank Direct Connect
    00788    00788    00788    M&T Bank Corporation   
    https://www.mtb.com/personal/Pages/Index.aspx    1-800-790-9130   
    https://onlinebanking.mtb.com/    ACTIVE
    INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT        
    INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   
    14770    14770    14770    M&T Bank Direct Connect   
    https://www.mtb.com    1-800-790-9130    NA    ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT              
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • Maako6
    Maako6 Member
    Hello, I am using Home, Business & Rental Property Version R38.30 / Build 27.1.38.30 I am connecting via M&T Direct Connect. I upgraded my Quicken Subscription and tried to do a fresh download, It did not correct the issue. Thank you,
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked the following?

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.

Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

• Maako6
    Maako6 Member
    No, none of those appear to be the issue. All of my other accounts are updating. The message I keep getting is "Sorry, we encountered an error (It's not your fault) - Quicken is having trouble connecting to M&T Bank Direct Connect." I spoke to M&T and they say the issue isn't on their end. I guess I need to call Quicken. I have no idea what else to do, but it is really frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.