Why does the 2-step verification process for One Step Update use a droplist widget?

jgpuckering
jgpuckering Member ✭✭
When using One Step Update, you get a notification on your mobile device to verify that you are trying to sign into your bank. You must then tell Quicken you've done that by clicking on a droplist and then clicking on Done. This is an awkward user interface. I've never seen any entries other than Done in that droplist -- though perhaps there are for circumstances not known to me. If indeed there is only one answer -- Done -- then the appropriate UI widget would be a button. Does anyone know if this is a rational and intentional design choice? Because if not, I'd like to see it streamlined. One click should be enough for this part of the process, given that "One Step Update" is already a misnomer because it involves way more than one step!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    It  sounds like your bank is using "Multi-factor Authorization" to provide security for your account(s).
    You request the download and your bank confirms, via the text to your mobile that you are the one you actually made the request.
    This is the bank's doing ... NOT Quicken's.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jgpuckering
    jgpuckering Member ✭✭
    NotACPA...you misunderstood my description of the issue. It is Quicken which generates the dialog in which you must confirm that you are "Done" the two-step verification process with your bank. At least, that's how it works with my bank. I get a notification on my phone, I respond to it, then I have to go back to Quicken (in Windows) and select Done from the droplist on the dialog generated by One Step Update. I'd upload a picture of the dialog but it only does the verification step once a day and tomorrow I won't be able to edit the original post.
This discussion has been closed.