Release 38.30 does not process Social Security correctly.

When looking at 'Manage Bills & Income', I noticed that when my Social Security is scheduled to be deposited, the amount the plot shows for my Social Security in "Bill and Income Reminders" goes up by an entire year instead of for the month. When I look at the reminder, it is split properly with the proper amount. But the plot for "All bills and Deposits" goes up by 12 times what it should.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this isn't particularly helpful, but I'm on 38.30 and I'm not seeing what you're describing.  In my case the plot goes up by the exact amount of the scheduled SS deposits, so something "local" to your file seems to be causing this.
    You've opened and closed Quicken, re-booted the computer and opened Quicken and you're still seeing this? 
  • Lloyd Stearns
    Lloyd Stearns Member ✭✭
    Yes, I'm still seeing this even after updating Quicken. It looks like three deposits (two Social Security and one pay statement) which contain splits of the payment, show the 12x increase in the plot. When I accept the entry, it goes in normally (correct amounts) and the 12x increase for these split deposits moves to the following month's 'Bill and Income Reminders' plot.
  • Lloyd Stearns
    Lloyd Stearns Member ✭✭
    Here is an image. The proper deposit amounts are $2032 and $1039 for Social Security and $4697.58 for Pension. You can see that these show $32,512, $20,786, and $93,951 which is really 20x what should be shown.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly I  basically don't use Quicken "dashboards."  In the main I review registers and use Reports when I'm seeking information.  Some of this is just due to habit as I started with Quicken long before dashboards were a thing, but I also know that dashboards, for whatever reason, are more prone to error.
    One thing that sometimes fixes a wonky dashboard is to delete it, close and reopen Quicken, then add the dashboard back. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Young said:
    Frankly I  basically don't use Quicken "dashboards."  In the main I review registers and use Reports when I'm seeking information.  Some of this is just due to habit as I started with Quicken long before dashboards were a thing, but I also know that dashboards, for whatever reason, are more prone to error.
    One thing that sometimes fixes a wonky dashboard is to delete it, close and reopen Quicken, then add the dashboard back. 
    I'm sorry, Tom, but this has nothing to do with the new dashboards recently added to the Home view. What you're looking at is the standard Tools Menu / Manage Bill & Income Reminders view, with the optional "Show graph" and "Show calendar views" enabled.
    ISTR another comment from another user with the same issue.
    I believe that this problem was resolved with the R 39.23 release, but, after updating to the new release you also need to restore your data file from a backup taken before the error first occurred. See the additional note in the Release Notes.

This discussion has been closed.