Paycheck transaction lose its details or shows up as un-categorized.

Issue 1:

I use the paycheck transaction to book various payments that I receive such as pensions and social security. For some time, I have been experiencing issues with the transaction losing its details sometime after was posted to the account. The register amount is correct, but the gross amount and breakdown of deductions is gone. I have to go back into the transactions and enter the details again.

Issue 2:

Today, I opened Quicken and received a message that I had un-categorized transactions. When I looked at the transaction it was a paycheck transaction. When I opened it in the register, the detail was there. I clicked enter and it seemed to save properly. After I closed and re-opened Quicken, the issue reoccurred with the same transaction. This seems to be the opposite of issue 1.

I've read in other posts that cloud sync causes the issue. I don't use cloud sync.

I've tried to delete the memorized paycheck and re-creating it. That works sometimes but not always.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    DennisDe said:
    Issue 1:

I use the paycheck transaction to book various payments that I receive such as pensions and social security. For some time, I have been experiencing issues with the transaction losing its details sometime after was posted to the account. The register amount is correct, but the gross amount and breakdown of deductions is gone. I have to go back into the transactions and enter the details again.

Issue 2:

Today, I opened Quicken and received a message that I had un-categorized transactions. When I looked at the transaction it was a paycheck transaction. When I opened it in the register, the detail was there. I clicked enter and it seemed to save properly. After I closed and re-opened Quicken, the issue reoccurred with the same transaction. This seems to be the opposite of issue 1.

I've read in other posts that cloud sync causes the issue. I don't use cloud sync.

I've tried to delete the memorized paycheck and re-creating it. That works sometimes but not always.
    Hello @DennisDe

I am sorry to hear about these issues with transaction details and categories. Thank you for getting in contact with us here on the Quicken Community for discussion and support.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure that the data file is being stored in your local computer and not in an external drive or cloud-based service.

I hope this is helpful and I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭
    I had the exact same issue crop up again. I've had to go back and manually fix paychecks before. Now, all my paycheck transaction details dating back to 2009 are gone. I don't have those paychecks anymore nor do I want to reenter hundreds of paychecks. This is infuriating and makes me not trust the program.
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭
    I also reported this error from within Quicken and haven't heard a thing back.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this was one of the release notes for R39.23 as fixed. Is it fair to assume that it is in fact not fixed?
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R39.23
     Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used.  ;)
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    I believe this was one of the release notes for R39.23 as fixed. Is it fair to assume that it is in fact not fixed?
    Although it is possible 39.23 did not fix any particular issue, if you read the announcement, you'll want to note it states you need both the 39.23 patch AND restoring a back up taken before 39.17 and/or 39.21 were applied. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    There's getting to be so many ifs and buts, that it's impossible to "know" anything. It's kinda a flip of the coin on if any of the release notes are correct and fix what the purpose of the update actually is. History has a way of repeating itself so much that it's just a users self fulfilling prophesy, that Quicken has set up regarding their updates and if they do infact have true Beta testing for the original problem. I sometimes think Quicken has gotten so complex that not even they can control what is happening within the product.

That could present an interesting quandary for Quicken if all users start waiting for the results of the user beta before they download the update. If everyone decides to do that and that they don't want to be a guinny pig beta tester for a Quicken update, Quicker could come to a grinding halt quickly. Everyone is waiting for the results, including Quicken! Never say never!
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R39.23
     Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.