Oklahoma Gas & Electric Due Date Issue

I noticed last month that OG&E due date was shown incorrectly as "today" instead of the actual due date 2 weeks out. Quicken would not allow me to schedule a payment past "today". I thought that it might be a one-time glitch, so I ignored it. It was not a one-time glitch because my new bill has the same problem. I deleted the bill and tried re-adding it to Quicken. The same problem has occurred. I don't get other error message except that I cannot schedule a bill any later than today, and the warning that the bill is due today.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark73012

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you could you please let us know if this is the only biller with this sort of issue. Also, what is the frequency of this bill (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly)? 

Please elaborate further. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    edited March 6
    This is the only biller with this issue. It's a monthly bill.

Thank you.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Mark73012

Thank you for the additional information. I would like to report this issue, but I am still in need of more information. What is the current due date on the bill and what should it be? Please provide specific details. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    The current due date on the bill is March 23, 2022. Quicken software is reporting it is due today.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Mark73012

Thank you for providing the additional details. I have submitted a bug report so that our service provider may take a further look. At this time there is no ETA available, unfortunately. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I will schedule with the biller website until the issue is cleared up.
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    I received the following email. I'm not sure if this is just a technical analysis of the problem and its being worked OR is it an excuse and that I am being told to live with it. I replied to the email with that question and did not get a response.

What's next? Anything?

<--- snip--->

We wanted to follow up with you regarding the request that you put in for biller Oklahoma Gas & Electric. When the bill comes in and shows Due Now or Due Soon means there is a bill due but the biller did not send a date to us to show in Quicken. Another reason why the due date would not show up is because it only comes through in the PDF file the biller sends to us and that does not show in Quicken.

If you need further assistance please reach out to our support team via phone or chat.

Thank you
    Quicken Support

Please don't delete this reference number: {"Ticket ID":"9285213"}

<---snip--->
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    I guess I've been dismissed.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just guessing, but it looks to me like the problem is with OG&E not sending the required due date to Quicken or their bill pay service provider. Perhaps a complaint sent to OG&E with the details of this discussion might get the ball rolling. They need to make a change and coordinate it with the bill pay service.
    Until such time (probably the next blue moon) I recommend a workaround:

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    I've already gone back to legacy automatic bank draft. Quicken Billpay worked perfectly from the beginning, and then suddenly this. I agree it's on OG&E's end. I will wait for the blue moon and try again.
This discussion has been closed.