Are you ever going to fix CheckPay BillPay in Quicken for Windows

It seems every other time I attempt to use either of the above I have to disable, then reenable. With two different checking accounts I've done that twice on each. Now Quicken wants me to do it again. Pain in the old butt! Compared with the old system before subscription Quicken, this is simply unusable because I can never trust that it will work when needed.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Richard Starrett,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this persistent issue.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try to Review and Repair Payment Accounts. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the Gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Payment Accounts in the dropdown menu.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• jmurrdog
    jmurrdog Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.....about 50% of the time when I use Check Pay, I get some sort of error message or I find out later that the check never went out. No excuse...fix this please!
  • Richard Starrett
    Richard Starrett Member ✭✭
    I guess it works "some of the time" or "most of the time" is what has me frustrated. My checking account did not balance last week. Turns out I had made two checkpay payments that gave me an error message, were marked void in my register. Actually, they both went through which I found out the hard way. I have given up attempting to use Quickpay for my Capital One credit card. 'Bill successfully added, but next amount is not available" after several tries.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    What good is a payment system that isn’t reliable?
    Unless one wants to trash their credit, I can’t see why anyone would use this system.

Note that Quicken is just submits these requests to a third party service.  [Removed - Speculation]
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Richard Starrett
    edited March 23
    I just tried to send a checkpay to someone. "Checkpay account synch error Restart Quicken and try again. If persists, disable and reenable CheckPay." I get this with most, but not all transactions. The payee information is all there still. CheckPay and QucikPay have both been useless to me for this reason. Of course, I have disabled and reenabled. Intuit, you have got to fix this issue!
  • Richard Starrett
    Review and repair did not help at all. Just tried to make a payment that I have made previously with check pay. Same account synch error.
  • ET2s
    ET2s Member
    where is the tools "Review and Repair Payment Accounts"