Is there a software defect in Bill Reminder with Estimate variable payments?

Monthly Bill reminder with Auto enter 10 days in advance. Edit reminder to change from fixed amount to set estimate amount based on previous payment for 1 month. When editing the current estimate, the amount in the Amount due field is correct. There is no Save button to record the change, so the only choice is Done. Unfortunately Done does not save the change, and the payment amount is NOT based on the previous payment. It is the old fixed amount.
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Barry Nelson,

Perhaps you can give us some additional information that will help us to determine what you are seeing and why.  However I have not seen any change in this function in for as long as I can remember, as it is a fairly static computation.

But, did you know that - if you change from "Edit reminder to change from fixed amount to set estimate amount based on previous payment for 1 month" - because you are using a short one month period, it is very unlikely that you'll see a significate change the estimate, e.g. from month to month because the time frame is too short?  I would suggest that you expand the time frame from one month to at least 3 months or more, so that you'll see a more significant adjustment.

Let me know if you have any questions or followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Barry Nelson
    Barry Nelson Member ✭✭
    I do not want to use the average of the previous 3 months. The bill from Verizon changes by a small amount 2 or 3 times a year, and it stays the same for several months before it changes again. I would like the ability send you 2 screenshots of what I see because the software does show the correct amount based on the previous month, but it does not save the change.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    Hi @Barry Nelson

To attach screenshots - please "drag & drop" them into the next message box and hit "Send"

Also can you tell me more about "but it does not save the change"?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Barry Nelson
    Barry Nelson Member ✭✭
    Edit Bill Reminder has the correct amount, $137.46 which is the previous month amount. Then I click Done which I assume is the same as Save as opposed to Cancel.
    The calendar shows the wrong amount, $138.59 which was the fixed amount I was trying to change.
  • Barry Nelson
    Barry Nelson Member ✭✭
    @Frankx Did you see my screenshots I sent on March 8?
This discussion has been closed.