Paid invoices showing as unpaid

mathguy
mathguy Member ✭✭
Suddenly a number of invoices that were paid and not in the unpaid listing are in the unpaid listing. Update issue? Please advise the resolution of this issue.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these old invoices from years ago? Did you delete or change payment transactions in the Checking or credit card account where you received transactions?
    Other than possibly a bug walking all over your data file, I don't know how this could have happened.
    Perhaps you should see if restoring your data file from a backup taken before this problem first showed up might be feasible.
    If not, for each customer affected, try recording a $0.00 New Customer Payment transaction in your Customer Invoices account. Checkmark the Apply existing credits box in the dialog form and mark outstanding invoices as paid (again). When saving this transaction, all invoices for this customer should be marked paid. The $0.00 transaction will not appear in the register, however.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    mathguy said:
    Suddenly a number of invoices that were paid and not in the unpaid listing are in the unpaid listing. Update issue? Please advise the resolution of this issue.
    Hello @mathguy,

I am sorry to hear about this problem with unpaid invoices. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in search of assistance.

When did you first notice this issue? Also, do you save backups frequently? This can be done anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that backups have been saved often, you can try restoring from a backup just prior to when this issue began, and then run a report as you would normally to see if this error reoccurs. For reference, you can restore from a backup anytime by going into the same menu mentioned previously and selecting File > Restore a Backup File

I am eager to hear back from you about this, should you have the time to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mathguy
    mathguy Member ✭✭
    It just happened and it's for recently paid invoices that were properly recorded. In fact, they've been marked cleared in the Account Reconciliation. My file is backed up each and every day. So, since it happened, it's been backed up. Why would this suddenly happen? I saw on the web that your most recent update caused this issue.
  • mathguy
    mathguy Member ✭✭
    UKR,

I think you nailed it and I don't understand this, what I consider a flaw. We moved the transaction because it was shown to be deposited into the wrong account. Apparently, moving a deposit from one account to another shows the transaction to be unpaid? I do believe this flaw showed up in the most recent update because it worked fine and was properly recorded, etc. until long after we moved it (i.e. it's been a few weeks). Suddenly, yesterday after an update, it shows up.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mathguy said:
    UKR,
    I think you nailed it and I don't understand this, what I consider a flaw. We moved the transaction because it was shown to be deposited into the wrong account. Apparently, moving a deposit from one account to another shows the transaction to be unpaid? I do believe this flaw showed up in the most recent update because it worked fine and was properly recorded, etc. until long after we moved it (i.e. it's been a few weeks). Suddenly, yesterday after an update, it shows up.
    Moving a transfer from Checking A to the Customer Invoices account to now reside in Checking B ... I don't know what this can or would do to the record in the Customer Invoices account.
    It's been my experience working with Customer Invoices that you should always work within the Customer Invoices account when comes to creating, changing invoices, receiving payment, etc. That's the way Quicken was designed many years ago. Creating transactions for payments received in other accounts (checking, etc.) as transfer to the Invoices account never marks an invoice as paid correctly.
    Correcting the bank account of a payment transaction inside the Customer Invoices account would have corrected the bank account register, but still kept the invoice marked as paid.

• mathguy
    mathguy Member ✭✭
    Thank you and I will keep that in mind. I will tell you that I've done this procedure before without issue and, in fact, the transactions in question were just fine when it was done and through mid-week last week. It was Monday of this week that things changed.
  • mathguy
    mathguy Member ✭✭
    New twist to this. My Accounts Receivable shows a huge negative balance. Quicken what have you done during the updates (got one yesterday) to mess this up?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    mathguy said:
    New twist to this. My Accounts Receivable shows a huge negative balance. Quicken what have you done during the updates (got one yesterday) to mess this up?
    Hello @mathguy

I am sorry to hear about this issue with accounts receivable balances. Thank you for continuing to update us on the situation. 

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.