Option to ignore memo information on downloaded transactions

Cris Williams
Cris Williams Member ✭✭✭✭
See the attached image. When accepting downloaded transactions there is much information (which I personally consider to hold no value) being inserted into the Memo field of the record. I would like the option to ignore this be added to Preferences > Downloaded transactions. Thanks.

1 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I use a Memorized Payee with a "." in the Memo field.  Yes, I do get a "." in all of them, but it isn't the gibberish that comes in from the download.  I've tried a space, but that doesn't work.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an alternative to "." in the Memo text ... There's a relatively new setting you can try for each credit card account:
    But you will still need a Renaming Rule to rename the downloaded "xxxx KROGER xxxxxxx" stuff to just "Kroger".
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    I use a Memorized Payee with a "." in the Memo field.  Yes, I do get a "." in all of them, but it isn't the gibberish that comes in from the download.  I've tried a space, but that doesn't work.
    This only works for the case where you are manually entering the transactions and you match it to the downloaded transaction.

Stated a different way, if you put in a transaction with the memo field filled in, when Quicken matches the downloaded transaction to that existing transaction, Quicken will not override the user entered memo.  But in all other cases it will use the downloaded memo, unless the person uses the new option that @UKR has pointed out above.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Cris Williams
    Cris Williams Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    As an alternative to "." in the Memo text ... There's a relatively new setting you can try for each credit card account:

But you will still need a Renaming Rule to rename the downloaded "xxxx KROGER xxxxxxx" stuff to just "Kroger".
    Holy crap. Thank you! I had no idea that feature had been added. FYI, it's also available for bank accounts.