Links in planning page take me to Qw.Exe page

Elguyo
Elguyo Member
Hello. Recently upgraded to current version of Quicken for Windows from an old 2009 version. On the planning tab, when I select the links to change assumptions, explore what if's, your retirement plan, retirement contribution, the application loads a page saying "Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist or is not available. We performed a web search for "QW.Exe" and here's what we found. The page has the AT&T logo Qw.EXE (http://www.currently.com/)." I have used the feature to clean my data file, reinstalled the Quicken App. and nothing has worked. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Elguyo
    Elguyo Member
    Thanks for responding. Will try the fix and see what happens.
  • Elguyo
    Elguyo Member
    Good Morning. Updated with current version and still had the same problem. Deleted the cache as noted and the problem solved. However, each time I load the application the cache file reappears and the problem resurfaces.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 11
    Hello @Elguyo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us bout your issue as well as following up about the fix that was provided, though I apologize that the seems to reappear after each time Quicken is relaunched.

Could you please try to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

After you have done that, try clearing the Cache folder again and see if the issue will remain resolved.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Elguyo
    Elguyo Member
    Good Morning. Followed the entire process and issue resolved thus far-Thanks.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear the issue appears to be resolved. :)
    -Quicken Anja
  • markatrobwen
    markatrobwen Member
    The clean reinstall will work for one session before the problem returns. There is another string on this issue with many many folks having the problem - me included.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The clean reinstall will work for one session before the problem returns. There is another string on this issue with many many folks having the problem - me included.
    What release are you on?
    Help -> About Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.