Residual transaction left after deletion

I just encountered a problem after deleting a transaction whose type had been changed or whose values had been zeroed (converted to a placeholder transaction). The transaction is incompletely deleted, now NOT showing in the register but showing up in the Security's transaction window. How do I remove the two transactions completely?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Disillusioned,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Disillusioned
    Disillusioned Member
    I do not see a way to make screenshot(s) part of this comment. So I'll manually create the screen shot(s).
    It takes TWO screenshots to show the problem. 1st is transaction register. 2nd is the security "all transactions" history:
    Register:
    1/18/2022 ReinvDiv SCHWAB VALUE ADVANTAGE MONEY FUND (SWVXX) .14 @ 1 9,599.47 N/A .14 .14
    2/15/2022 ReinvDiv SCHWAB VALUE ADVANTAGE MONEY FUND (SWVXX) .24 @ 1 .24 N/A .14 .14

The share balance cratering from 9,599.47 to the newly received dividend amount of .24 is explained by the transaction history in the security view:

1/18/2022 ???????? zzz ,,, ReinvDiv 0.14 1 0.14
    1/21/2022 ???????? zzz ... Placeholder -9,599.47 -- 27.00
    2/15/2022 ???????? zzz ,,, ReinvDiv 0.24 1 0.24
    2/18/2022 ???????? zzz ... Placeholder -0.24 -- 0.24

What isn't clear is why the Placeholder (which doesn't appear in the register screen) affects anything. And from where did the 27.00 come? This is a money market security whose value is always 1 (one). Can anyone say "corrupt"?

How do I delete the two phantom (not in register) transactions?

Another thought, could this problem be related to the cost basis becoming positive infinity and triggering the "number too large" error message? I have posted this error problem separately.
This discussion has been closed.