posting date / actual date problem

Somehow an online payment got screwed up and I can't fix it. I have a transaction that is dated 3/14/22 (today is the 11th), that posted on 12/28/21. I can't delete it, because it says its an online payment due on 3/14. If I try to change the date to 12/28/21, it says, "it;s too late to make a payment, changing date to 3/14/22".

Now I can't reconcile, and my balance is off.

I cancelled the series of payments with my bank, thinking that this would delete the rebel payment but it still exists, because it posted 12/28/21.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited March 13
    Chappie01 said:
    Somehow an online payment got screwed up and I can't fix it. I have a transaction that is dated 3/14/22 (today is the 11th), that posted on 12/28/21. I can't delete it, because it says its an online payment due on 3/14. If I try to change the date to 12/28/21, it says, "it;s too late to make a payment, changing date to 3/14/22".

Now I can't reconcile, and my balance is off.

I cancelled the series of payments with my bank, thinking that this would delete the rebel payment but it still exists, because it posted 12/28/21.
    Hello @Chappie01,    

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating issue with a misdated payment. Thank you for taking this matter to the Quicken Community for discussion and support.

Is this a one-time online payment? Also, have you tried to edit the date of the payment if it appears in the register (assuming that it is, in fact, appearing in the register)?

In the event that this is a one-time payment, what happens when you try the instructions featured below?

1. Open the account register with the payment.
    2. Click to select the payment you want to delete.
    3. At the top of the register, click Delete.
    4. At the Delete Current Transaction prompt, click Yes.
    5. Quicken displays a message, "This is an online payment that is due on [payment date]. To delete it, choose Edit menu > Transaction > Cancel Payment, then send it from the Online Center." (The exact wording of this message may vary).
    6. When you see the message described above, press and hold the CTRL key and click OK.
    7. Quicken displays a message, "Do you want to delete the transaction anyway?" (The exact wording of this message may vary). Hold CTRL and click Yes.
    8. If Quicken displays subsequent messages regarding this same payment, hold CTRL and click Yes (or OK).

If the above process fails to remove the unsent transaction:

1. Open the account register to select the unsent payment.
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click the Delete button on that transaction.
    3. Keep CTRL + Shift held down while responding to all messages.

I hope to hear back from you regarding this problem.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.