Why does Quicken crash when I do Super Validation?

MJB
MJB Member ✭✭
Running R39.21 - No problem running regular Validation.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are numerous problems with R39.17 and R39.21.  There's a hotfix that is supposed to be coming out sometime today but you might want to give serious consideration to reverting to R38.30 as suggested in this Alert:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909861/new-3-10-22-paycheck-wizard-issue-after-updating-to-r39-17-r39-21#latest.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
  • MJB
    MJB Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the response. A few comments and questions though:
    1. I don't use payroll feature, so I haven't experienced loss of payroll data.
    2. The problem I've had with Crashing doing Super validating occurred twice in the last 6-8 weeks. I don't do Super validating very often. Normally do Regular Validating once a month then do manual back-up if no errors. Given this, do you still recommend reverting to R38.30? or just wait for Hotfix.
    3. if you still recommend reverting to R38.30, do I need to restore the data file that was automatically made when R38.30 wast installed?
    Thanks
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest that your issue is related to the Paycheck Wizard.  I was simply trying to let you know that there are several very significant issues with R39.17/R39.21 causing some data corruption that may not be reversible. 
    You can, of course, wait until the hotfix is available, instead of reverting to R38.30, but make sure to restore the last R38.30 backup file with it instead of using your R39.21 file.  Your R39.21 file might have some corruption in it that you have not yet observed.  Restoring your R38.30 backup file would help to ensure that none of that potential corruption gets into your hotfix file.
    Once you are running R38.30 or the hotfix, try doing the Super Validate to see if the issue still exists or if it is resolved.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.