Finally reverted to R38.30 last night, is R39.23 buggy or stable?

ALGRL123
ALGRL123 Member ✭✭
Finally reverted to R38.30 from R39.21 and spent the time adding things back in. I did that because numerous based on advice from Chris_QPW that the data file would remain corrupted from R39.21. Anyway, other than not being able to enter things (tax items for one paycheck) and missing some billpay entries, everything appears to be relatively stable. I noticed this morning that Quicken has pushed another update R39.23. Has anyone tried it? Any issues? Release notes? Advice on whether to stay with my current data file (R38.30 patched one), or try to use what had been my latest file (R39.21)?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was released to fix the issues caused by R39.17 & R39.21.
    Only time will tell if it is a good release or fixes some issues while causing others.  If you update, be sure to make a backup.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • ALGRL123
    ALGRL123 Member ✭✭
    Update. Installed R39.23. The data file that used R39.21is corrupt and still has same errors in R39.23. However, I am able to use my data file from R38.30 in R39.23 and no issues so far and it seems as though my scheduled bill payments are back in sync, but paid ones that were done yesterday morning seem to be lost. Bottom line, so far so good, just hate that the last version corrupted the data file.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ALGRL123
    As is stated in this Alert, https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909861/new-3-10-22-paycheck-wizard-issue-after-updating-to-r39-17-r39-21#latest, when reverting to R38.30, you need to do a restore.
    What it doesn't explicitly state that the backup being restored has to be from before you updated to R39.17 or R39.21 and backed up from R38.30 or before. 
    Yes, you lose some of your work, but it is better than having a trashed file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can see the release notes for R39.23 here:
    Windows R39.XX Release (US) — Quicken

You can see my comments on using R39.23 here (note that is the starting point read the next few comments):
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20252721/#Comment_20252721
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not clear to me.
    Issues with data file creation and synchronization during some account migrations.
    @Quicken Anja can you clarify or elaborate on this?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.