Adding a savings account

KarlSS
KarlSS Member
Hi there...we recently opened a CD with our current bank. I tried to add it to our Quicken accounts and it got looped and stuck. I force ended the program. And when I finally got the accounts to add, an existing savings that was already in our program for years suddenly says that the credit union had no such account. Well, which is odd, because when I deleted the account in question, and re-added it, the system found it, until I clicked "add to Quicken" then it errored out and said that the account was not found. How is the account found in the initial connection, but then not found when I attempt to finalize the addition? And yes, all current Quicken updates are installed.

Software version R39.23; Build 29.1.39.23; Windows 10 subscription; running on Windows 11 OS

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    KarlSS said:
    Hi there...we recently opened a CD with our current bank. I tried to add it to our Quicken accounts and it got looped and stuck. I force ended the program. And when I finally got the accounts to add, an existing savings that was already in our program for years suddenly says that the credit union had no such account. Well, which is odd, because when I deleted the account in question, and re-added it, the system found it, until I clicked "add to Quicken" then it errored out and said that the account was not found. How is the account found in the initial connection, but then not found when I attempt to finalize the addition? And yes, all current Quicken updates are installed.

Software version R39.23; Build 29.1.39.23; Windows 10 subscription; running on Windows 11 OS
    Hello @KarlSS,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with connecting to online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this problem here on the Quicken Community.

Have you noticed any particular error codes when the message indicating the account was, "not found" appears? Also, have any of your accounts had account numbers changed, recently? Lastly, what connection method are you using? You can check this anytime by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, and then look to the Transaction Download column next to the accounts associated with the affected financial institution.

I hope to hear more from you about this matter, and I intend to keep working with you on this in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • KarlSS
    KarlSS Member
    Hi Jared.

There are no error codes or messaged, just that the Account S000 cannot be found. But the Add Account process finds it.

And connecting via Express Web Connect

Thanks
    Karl
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    KarlSS said:
    Hi Jared.

There are no error codes or messaged, just that the Account S000 cannot be found. But the Add Account process finds it.

And connecting via Express Web Connect

Thanks
    Karl
    Hello @KarlSS,

I am sorry that this problem is ongoing. Thank you for keeping in contact and providing those answers for me.

I had forgotten to ask earlier, but what financial institution is associated with the affected account, and what 'instance' in the banking institution list are you selecting in Quicken in order to link or add your accounts? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure to house the data file locally, on your computer, as storing in locations such as an external hard drive or cloud-based service can cause erratic program behavior.

I look forward to hearing back from you once more, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    KarlSS said:
    I force ended the program. 
    Before you get too far with troubleshooting, I would suggest restoring a backup before you terminated Quicken. Whenever a database abends without proper shutdown the risk of corruption is all but certain. Once restored you can begin to add the savings account.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 11 Pro version 21H2
This discussion has been closed.