Capital Gains Estimator Problem

Nick0131
Nick0131 Member ✭✭
Quicken Premier Subscription: R39.23, 27.1.39.23. All files are located on my C drive. Everything working perfectly for a long time.

However, just yesterday I wanted to look at the Capital Gains Estimator. When I start the program it looks for quicken.msi in folder C:\...\Temp\..\Disk1, which does not exist. I have never used an MSI file for Quicken.

Need help in fixing this.

Thanks,
Nick

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Nick0131,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    See attached screenshots per your request
  • Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    A few more Screenshots
  • Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    One More (may be redundant)
    Q3.png 17.8K
  • Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    A video is worth many pictures! See attached
  • Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    Hi,

A few days ago I asked a question regarding various errors related to the Capital Gains Estimator. You asked for documentation and I gave it to you, including a video of what is occurring. Then: nothing! While not too much time has passed in this case, this unfortunately is all too common.

It would be good to give some indication you are following up.

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 19
    Hello again,

Thank you for providing the requested documents.

Please be advised that the Community does not work the same way that chat support does as it is primarily user-to-user based. While we as moderators help respond to posts as much as we can, we do also have other moderation tasks that we are required to tend to throughout our scheduled shifts. Responses we do give are not always immediate and depending on the issue, can sometimes take a couple of days to follow up on. In this case, I did not respond yet as I took the time to thoroughly check first whether or not this may be a bug that could possibly have been reported previously (which I have not been able to confirm as of yet, and am also still looking into) or if it's one that needs to be reported if we are able to replicate it internally through testing. Due to this, your patience is requested and would be greatly appreciated!

Meanwhile, to start with, If you haven't already, I suggest that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.