Bill and Income Reminders Due Dates are wrong and I can't set them

I'm using Home, Business & Rental Property Version R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23. I've used two bill reminders for many years now, one scheduled on the 1st and the other on the 15th of each month, with 1 month increments. When I sat down today to pay bills, first I noticed that there was no bill reminders showing, which was odd. I went into the Manage Bill & Income Reminders to see what was up, and one of them was set to something like Dec 1, 2022 and the other Nov 15, 2022. These were correct the last time I launched Quicken around 3/1/2022 when I paid that group of bills. I tried to adjust the due dates using "Edit this and all future instances" for both of the groups, and although the date at first appears to be saved, it isn't. They both change slightly, although I can't see a pattern . What is reflected after you edit the due dates and save, is different after you close the Bill and Income Reminders window and reopen. At this point I have the due dates 8/15/2022 and 6/1/2022 but trying to further change them just results in other, wrong dates. So frustrating. I've also ran the validation tool, which found issues, and repaired them (I guess), but no change in this behavior. I feel this is something that has been busted with the release that was just installed when I launched Quicken this evening. Is anyone else having this issue ? This is a big issue for me as I depend on these reminder groups and I've used them literally for decades at this point. Now, they are not functional. Not sure where to go next with this. Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you delete the reminders and recreate them.
  • robdille
    robdille Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issue. Quicken premier, same version and build.
  • Jeff Gaiche
    Jeff Gaiche Member ✭✭
    It's not a trivial thing to just delete and recreate the reminders as these are groups of transactions. If this fixes the issue, then I'd suffer through that, but if this issue is going to affect the new transaction groups, then it's work for nothing. It sounds as if I'm not the only user experiencing this exact issue. Do actual Quicken representatives that can get bugs reported/fixed monitor these groups ?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a trivial thing to just delete and recreate the reminders as these are groups of transactions. If this fixes the issue, then I'd suffer through that, but if this issue is going to affect the new transaction groups, then it's work for nothing. It sounds as if I'm not the only user experiencing this exact issue. Do actual Quicken representatives that can get bugs reported/fixed monitor these groups ?
    If you want to report an issue to Quicken, I suggest you select Help > Report a problem... or Help > Contact Quicken Support....  
  • Jeff Gaiche
    Jeff Gaiche Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you want to report an issue to Quicken, I suggest you select Help > Report a problem... or Help > Contact Quicken Support....  

I guess that's probably what needs to be done. I appreciate the suggestion -- Jeff
  • cprgolds
    cprgolds Member ✭✭✭
    @Jeff Gaiche Same problem exists for me. I'd be interested in what Quicken support says.
  • Mar6shall
    Mar6shall Member
    I have the same problem. I have recreated the monthly transaction groups, but the next time that I entered them (for April 1, 2022) Quicken does not show the next transaction date as May 1, 2022, but rather some future 1st of the month date. Editing one transaction group to the correct "next" date (May 1, 2022) then changes the other three transaction groups to a different (but still incorrect) future date.

I have spoken to Quicken Support, but their only advice is to continue recreating the transaction groups.

After using quicken for 30 years, I am about ready to start looking for different software since this in not the only problem that I am experiencing.
This discussion has been closed.