~5 minutes of Quicken to load!

Ken429
Ken429 Member ✭✭
Starting this morning Quicken is taking a long time to load (like 5 minutes). All was well until today! I did the Validate Routine and I tried opening Quicken with no active file but nothing seems to work. I also tried restoring a backup version of the program files (2/28.2022) and that had no effect either. I'm running Windows 11 and the version of Quicken is R38.30. I also tried running the Quicken Update and it starts but goes into a funk and does not want to complete!!

Any ideas on what [Removed - Profanity] is going on. Could it be a temporary Quicken Server issue? Everything else (other programs etc.) is working as advertised.

Comments

• RichM81
    RichM81 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16
    [Removed - Unhelpful] If you haven't already, disable mobile sync under preferences. That seems to help some for the One Step update issues.
  • Ken429
    Ken429 Member ✭✭
    Spent over an hour on the phone with Quicken Technical Support. After trying all the usual fixes and settings She concluded I have an issue since she was logged in to watch what was going. Sometimes Quicken would load normally and other times it too ~4.5 minutes. She indicated that the problem had been escalated to a higher level. She also indicated that a work around would be to leave Quicken running in the background and do not reboot the system. Then the phone disconnected!!

Called back two days later and with my Ticket # and he (the CRS) said there were no comments posted! I wanted to tell Quicken Technical Support that the problem "went away" and had not come back. Curious to know what changed or what had been fixed on my account.

I also wanted to let them know that I had installed Quicken on a W10 and another W11 system with no issues. I also ran a disk check on the "problem" system and no errors were found, as expected, since all the drives on the system were the latest and greatest Samsung M.2 NVMe devices.

Not a very good experience with Quicken Technical Support!
  • Ken429
    Ken429 Member ✭✭
    > @RichM81 said:
    > [Removed - Unhelpful] If you haven't already, disable mobile sync under preferences. That seems to help some for the One Step update issues.

Buy the way it was the Startup Load time not the One Step Update that was the issue.
  • golfer
    golfer Member
    edited March 23
    [Removed - Off Topic]
This discussion has been closed.