Second day in a row OSU hung. Don't use mobile update at all.

I have been using Quicken forever [Removed - Rant].

I have Quicken Home, Business & Rental Properties, Version: R39.23, Build: 27.1.39.23 on Windows 10 Pro.

- I do not have mobile set up at all. It never worked properly and made the OSU have problems all the time.
- I have validated my file
- I have super validated my file
- I have data in it back to 2007
- No. I am not going to start a new Quicken file.

Is this and the capital one reauthorization cycle EVER going to get fixed and stay fixed?

Comments

• Sour Wife
    Sour Wife Member
    Also:

size of QDF file 148220k
    accounts 36
    memorized payees 363
    securities/max ref 119
    transactions 32108
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details about where exactly "OSU gets hung" would be helpful.
    What phase of OSU is running at the time where you consider OSU hung? Downloading transactions for banks with Direct Connect protocol? Downloading and "Processing data" for all your banks using Express Web Connect? Syncing to the cloud? Updating bills? Other?
    How long do you wait before you pull the plug?
  • Sour Wife
    Sour Wife Member
    I'll put in my password, hit settings, click all, click update, it will change to the window where it tells you that it is processing data, and about 20 (timer user) minutes later I'll kill it in the task manager. It just sits and spins.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for the update and the image.
    Before I ask you contact Quicken Support for further assistance ...
    You have 10 banks with accounts using Express Web Connect connections. I have 4 banks with this connection and my banks typically update in under 2 minutes.
    Can you please try the following, to see where (processing what bank) the process goes off the rails:
    For each of the 10 banks run an "Update Now" from the bank's account register, Action gear icon.
    I suspect you'll find one bank having problems. Once you do, that's something to call Support with.
  • Sour Wife
    Sour Wife Member
    :) I did that. The two that went through are the only ones that do not hang individually. :-(
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• mtjm
    mtjm Member
    I have this same problem. About 8 accounts that need to connect via express web connect. Never timed it, but it takes a least 10 minutes to update. Quicken deluxe on windows 11. This behavior started a few months ago. (Direct connect accounts work fine)
  • Sour Wife
    Sour Wife Member
    MTJM - So far, the thing that has been resolving most of my most recent issue is this;

- deactivate every single account in account details, remove the bank and account number from the overview, then go to tools -> add account to re-add every single account. You will then have to go through and correct all of the new downloads for duplicate and missing transactions. It's a long process.
  • Sour Wife
    Sour Wife Member
    UKR - I called twice.

1.) Spoke with Eric who had me log out, wait, log back in, try signing in a couple times, had me report a problem to support with all logs and no text attached, and was 'going to forward my problem onward' and hung up after 20 minutes (54 minutes total).

2.) when I called back I spoke with Johan, who had me do the mondo patch, then create an export .QXF, created a new file, imported the QXF, had me deactivate one account (to test it out), added it back via the tools menu, agreed I would have to fix the 100+ transaction download and this is what I needed to do about every other account. I asked him where where all of my investment accounts, Johan said I would have to re-add them fresh, when I asked him what about the 15+ years of history I had and needed, he hung up on me.

So that went as expected.
  • mtjm
    mtjm Member
    Sour wife - Yikes! Thanks for the info, but that is a lot of work. Think I'll just let it take it's good old time...maybe make a cup of coffee while waiting.
This discussion has been closed.