Canada - Mutual Funds not Updating (WIN) [Edited]

SPsealion
SPsealion Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
My mutual funds have stopped updating in both automatic updates and manual selecting of update. The stocks are still updating. The only way to update prices seems to be manually entering the amount,
I am using the ticker provided in the Quicken security lookup; for example I have AGF5000 and Quicken Canada
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 29 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29 Answer ✓
    @Mark R - Your profile shows that you have Quicken for Canada.  Is this correct?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on a solution available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

Answers

• SPsealion
    I have logged out and back in with no success.  It appears to me the stocks are updating but the mutual funds are not updating. At least I am not the only one with the problem.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SPsealion

How long have you been seeing this problem (mutual funds not updating)?  Is it all of your mutual funds or only some of them?  Any additional information will help us to help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SPsealion
    Hi  Frankx;
    The problem is with not with all of my mutual funds but most. My stocks update just fine. The mutual fund tickers are the tickers are the ones indicated in the security lookup, such as AGF5000. 
    The table of price history does not seem to be updating however the graph is updating. For example the DYN1131 mutual fund last entry in the table was 2021-12-29 when the last manual reinvest data was entered. They have been no updates in the table yet the chart for the same period shows a graph of the price right up to the current date.
    The other thing is that there are several years of data but the size of shouldn't matter.
    Thoughts
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @SPsealion

What you are describing is very strange - especially the part about the graph displaying current price data but the underlying price history not.  This could be caused by corruption to your Q data file.  If you haven't already, I would suggest that you perform the data file validation and supervalidation steps that as shown in this LINK.  Start with the steps after "Fourth, Copy your file and validate"  

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPsealion said:  I have AGF5000 and Quicken Canada
    I have flagged this to be moved to the Canada section....
    and your mentioned stocks - AGF5000 - DYN1131 -

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • SPsealion
    Well I did a validation and made repairs. Only stocks are updating still no mutual fund update but updated graph. Trying to make a test file next

[Fri Mar 18 11:09:09 2022]
    File: "D:\Quicken\2018" 
    QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.
    QEL:
    No read errors.
    QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.
    [Fri Mar 18 11:09:16 2022]
    Repair price history: 0 price(s) repaired.
    [Fri Mar 18 11:09:34 2022]
    [Fri Mar 18 11:09:36 2022]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    Analyzing securities.
    Number of old style Buy/Cash investment transactions updated: 26/0
    No out-of-range security references found.
    Validation has completed.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    Just as a comment - I can't find AGF5000 using Yahoo Financial or Morningstar...
    but do show up with Google and of course going to their website.
    And, these are weird symbols compared to the usual kind that are shorter and ending in "x" -
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • SPsealion
    If you do a lookup in Quicken Securities tab you will find the fund if you search on the ticker AGF5000
  • GJ_Walker
    GJ_Walker Member
    Same problem here. I have made no changes to Quicken or my Win 10 PC but I noticed Mutual funds did not update a few days ago. Then they did update. Now, as of last night, Mar 25th, the mutual funds did not update. All stocks have updated throughout this time. Problem may be where the updates are sourced from.
  • Tukey
    Tukey Member
    How can this topic be ANSWERED??? :( ... As of this morning (March 26, 2022), the One Step Update is only updating indexes and stocks. NO Mutual Fund prices have been updated for March 25. As suspected by GJ_Walker, this may be a problem with third-party data sourcing because mutual fund prices have been updated to March 24. Will "One Step" later today or tomorrow and see if the MF's have been updated.
  • DoubleU
    DoubleU Member
    Same thing here.. on chat with support.. they said it is a known issue.. but not being very helpful
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @all

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Could you please upload your logs and attach screenshots of the error that is occurring? 
    On Monday, we will review these logs and escalate if needed (please keep in mind that logs are only usable 48 hours after sending them). 

We truly appreciate your patience and support as we work towards a resolution. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • robick
    robick Member ✭✭
    There is no error. The quoted database has not been updated. For example try doing a quote online:

https://www.quicken.com/investing/mutual-funds/MUTUAL%3AMAW107/A
    https://www.quicken.com/investing/mutual-funds/MUTUAL%3ADYN1131/A

You will see that the last update date is March 24.

I'm sure once the quote database is updated Quicken download will work.

You need to find out why the database has not been updated.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    On Mawer's website https://www.mawer.com/funds/daily-prices/  The fund does show a quote change for MAW107 from what's show on the Quicken site.
    SO, the problem would appear to be with Q's quotes provider and not Q themselves.
    This also, sometimes, happens with US fund quotes ... and the only thing that can be done is to wait it out.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Michael_CAN
    Michael_CAN Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue as well. No Canadian Mutual fund quotes updated as of March 25th. Last update was March 24th
  • Tukey
    Tukey Member
    :# ... Just an update ... performed a "One Step Update" again this morning. Mutual Funds still cannot be updated for March 25. Will try again tomorrow.
  • SPsealion
    I get no error message just no updates
  • SPsealion
    Another strange thing happened to me when trying to get one step update to update mutual funds.  All of a sudden I have had two of my bank accounts (saving/chequing) change to US dollars. I have been in Canadian $ for something like 20+ years.  It will not let me set it back to Cdn$.
  • RSC2030
    RSC2030 Member ✭✭
    Ditto here. Last mutual fund update was March 24th. Data supplier and Quicken appear to have lost connection. No Quicken error message involved.
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    edited March 28
    Canadian Mutual Funds were not downloaded for 3/25/2022.
    Is this a known issue?
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    Gilles9 Normally mutual funds prices are uploaded during a daily upload after or before opening day.
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    I'm able to locate the mutual funds under other web search like: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/BMO70151.CF/
    and is not showing under Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/investing/stock-quotes-investment-research?symbol=BMO70151
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    I follow up with Morning star

https://www.morningstar.ca/ca/report/fund/performance.aspx?t=0P0000VX9P&[email protected]&lang=en-CA

and the Mutual fund BMO70151, is present in their list. ????? very strange ...

mystery continues , it appears to me that the issue is in Quicken software. any thoughts?
  • Tukey
    Tukey Member
    Thank you, but just an FYI ... this topic has already been started under "Mutual funds not updating". As this issue was first identified late last week. Collectively ... we'll be able to get Quicken to resolve the issue.
  • Tukey
    Tukey Member
    :/ ... Sadly NO. Checked again just now, and only the stocks and markets are being updated. Mutual fund prices for March 25 still remain outstanding. We Trust ... Quicken is looking into the matter.
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    Turkey ..... sorry no relation to the march 18 case
  • WQ1
    WQ1 Member ✭✭
    Last Canadian mutual fund update was March 24, 2022. Tried updating a few minutes ago (March 28) with no success.