Canada - Mutual Funds not Updating (WIN) [Edited]

124»

Answers

• WQ1
    WQ1 Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Thank you JosefW for the info on phone cards. Virgin Mobile's rate for US unlimited calling plan is $15.00 per month which isn't too exhorbitant depending on how frequently you call the US and the duration of your calls. A phone card is far better idea if calls to the US are infrequent.
  • WQ1
    WQ1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Support: I am a Canadian subscriber to Quicken Home & Business Canadian version. According to the Quicken Canada website, I am entitled to Premium Support which is supposed to give me priority access to official Quicken customer support. Does that entitle me to toll-free access to Quicken support? If it does, the most recent version R33.7 Canadian Edition is flawed as the only support number given is the Palo Alto California number (650) 250-1900. May I remind you that my two calls to Quicken support on March 29, 2022 cost me $45.00. 93 minutes is a long time to be on a call to support. 60 minutes of the time was spent with a support person who refused to accept that the mutual fund update problem was not user-caused. Thankfully, my second call reached a support person who recognized what the first refused to even consider. Please enlighten me and my fellow Canadian subscribers about what your featured "Premium Support" entails.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WQ1  Quicken Support isn't on this website.  You need to contact them thru the links near the bottom of this page: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows.
    There are Forum Moderators here ... but they don't have all of the authority of Quicken Support

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30
    @WQ1 when you have premium support there is supposed to be a toll-free number at the top of your account when you log into quicken.com.

PS. every subscription gets "official support".  The difference between "standard" and premium support is supposed to be the toll-free number, and that you are put in line ahead of the "standard" users that might be waiting (but not other premium users)
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @WQ1,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    edited March 31
    good morning ALL and
    @Quicken_Anja

BMO Mutual funds continue to elude uploading , yet to see anything change and/or acknowledge from Quicken, make you wonder the support and give me a reason to second look for other options.
    For those of us that looking for a complete ticker prices I found them in theglobeandmail.com
    find below a link for ticker BMO70151 (one of the tickers missing from Quicken data base

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/BMO70151.CF/performance/

Have a good day
  • WQ1
    WQ1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Anja,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have noted the toll-free numbers in my password manager software.

My comment is still valid. The Canadian version of Quicken is flawed. If you look under the HELP tab in the Canadian version, the CONTACT SUPPORT heading is linked to the Palo Alto number - (650) 250-1900. If you look under the ABOUT QUICKEN heading, the contact support number listed is (650) 250-1900.

Obviously, you and some of your team care about providing quality support, otherwise there would not have been prompt responses to my comments. Quicken has not gained anything by making the toll-free number difficult to find other than creating disgruntled users. That hardly seems like a winning strategy.

The few bucks saved by effectively hiding the toll-free number could easily be recovered (and more) by covering the cost in the subscription fee.

Thank you for caring.
  • rlopez
    rlopez Member ✭✭
    edited March 31
    @Quicken_Anja

Good morning all

BMO mutual funds continue to elude updating.

For those of us that still missing updating for the 25th or any day, I like to share a link where you can download any ticker. In my case I'm looking for BMO70151 since is not present in Quicken database. I found a complete ticker price @ theglobeandmail.com

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/BMO70151.CF/performance/

any thoughts ?
    Have a great day
  • SPsealion
    SPsealion Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    edited March 31
    I too just got a long distance charge for phoning Quicken Support, at the most obvious number provided.

I also came across another number, [Removed - Premium Support Phone Number]. This looks like it could be toll-free. 

To find it, you have to login into your profile, not support. This number is in the upper right corner.
  • SPsealion
    SPsealion Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    I thought the problem was solved but I find it is not. A few of my Mutual Funds are updating, such as AGF5000, the one I initially raised in discussion, but most of them as still not updating. The last updates if I look at price history varies greatly, eg Feb 28, Mar 17.

ng 
  • sb8301450-misc
    sb8301450-misc Member ✭✭✭
    The problem is still not resolved in Canada. The dates are being updated, but, not the pricing for mutual funds.
    SWJB
  • MIHO
    MIHO Member
    > @SPsealion said:
    > My mutual funds have stopped updating in both automatic updates and manual selecting of update. The stocks are still updating. The only way to update prices seems to be manually entering the amount,
    > I am using the ticker provided in the Quicken security lookup; for example I have AGF5000 and Quicken Canada

Yes once again, Quicken does want to sell us a product that isn't in tune with the times here in Canada. I recently received a notice from my investor of changes that will have to occur because of recent legal changes securities if held had to undergo. Fine. Nothing I would have to do on my part. Well that went fine, sorry to say Quicken & updates are not fine. After chatting with & phoning Quicken I was simply told I'd have to all the mutual funds updating manually. Their people seem uninterested in anything outside the US. Now looking for something (other than Chinese based) to take the place of Quicken. Do others have suggestions?
  • rlopez
    rlopez Member ✭✭
    edited April 21
    BMO mutual funds continue to elude updating.

In fact, I have been manually updating some of the mutual funds since April 25, 2019, YES, it has been 3 years since BMO changed the tickers, and so far Quicken has ignored and failed to understand that we pay for software that does NOT work.

Sad, very sad
  • Danielle Dallaire
    Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭
    Hello,
    I have found that all the funds resulting from the conversion to funds that don't pay followup commission are not updating (see CSA/ACVM 81-330). That means that all my funds are now transfered to funds that Quicken doesn't recognize. I have a discount broker account and I have to update the prices manually for all my funds ! This is getting ridiculous. Quicken must realize that Canadian customers are as important as USA customers. I pay for the application, and the main reason I started to pay for the application was that the funds prices were updating ! If the problem is not resolved before next september, I will not renew my membership. That's it !
    Thank you for reading my irritation.
    Danielle
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Anja

BMO mutual funds continue to elude updating, yet to see any change and/or acknowledge from quicken, which make you take a second look for alternative since I cant get any from my pay subscription in Canada.
    For those of us that still missing updating for the 25th or for any ticker I like to share a link where you can download any ticker in my case I'm looking for BMO70151 since is not present in Quicken database I found a complete ticker price @ theglobeandmail.com

Have a great day
This discussion has been closed.