Quicken Crashes When Bills & Income Selected

It hangs and crashes every time I select Bills & Income since the last update (more infrequently before that). I validated/repaired data, didn't do anything to fix it.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    It hangs and crashes every time I select Bills & Income since the last update (more infrequently before that). I validated/repaired data, didn't do anything to fix it.
    Hello @danderson_mai

I am sorry to hear about this trouble with the program crashing whenever you open the Bills & Income tab.

What version of Quicken are you using? You can check this anytime by going to Help > About Quicken in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • nrramse
    nrramse Member
    I'm also having the same issues. Haven't been able to open the bills and income tab in several weeks without everything crashing. I have a subscription and I'm using the latest update.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    nrramse said:
    I'm also having the same issues. Haven't been able to open the bills and income tab in several weeks without everything crashing. I have a subscription and I'm using the latest update.
    Hello @nrramse

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for seeking further information in this discussion.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken? You can uninstall by following the instructions included, just below:

Windows 10

1. Click the Start button and select the Control Panel. In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.
    2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.
    3. Find Quicken in the list of programs. They are alphabetically ordered. Highlight it by clicking on it once.
    4. Click on Uninstall at the top of the list and follow through the prompts until the program is removed.

Windows 8

1. Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs, click the Uninstall a program link  The Uninstall or change a program window opens.
    3. In the list of programs, select your version of Quicken and click the Uninstall/Change button.
    4. If asked for your Administrator password, enter it and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Quicken.
    I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ray Bowen
    Ray Bowen Member ✭✭
    edited March 25
    [Removed - Disruptive] Numerous people are on the forum or chatting regarding this issue. Experiencing the same problem - EVERYTIME Bills & Income is selected, the program freezes and I have to close and re-start the program. Already completed the Validate & Repair process & already uninstalled and re-installed program. Standing by for a useful solution.
  • nrramse
    nrramse Member
    This did not fix the problem. Same issue after uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • Ray Bowen
    Ray Bowen Member ✭✭
    edited March 25
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Ray Bowen
    Ray Bowen Member ✭✭
    Can we get a solution to the Quicken problem identified?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried the older method of accessing reminders?

Tools | Manage Bill & Income Reminders

Or adding the Bill and Income Reminders snapshot to a custom Home tab view?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Ray Bowen
    Ray Bowen Member ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Are the people (including any Moderators) on this thread just users of Quicken and not actual "Quicken tech support" personnel? Meaning no one at Quicken is trying to create an actual valid software fix? [Removed - Speculation] This same problem was in a different thread started in January and eventually closed with no apparent resolution.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this

We have seen that some users who are using Carbonite or another form of online/cloud-based backup service are experiencing slowness or freezing with the Bills and Income tab. We've escalated this issue and have been investigating a resolution.

If you do use Carbonite or another cloud-based backup tool, please try disabling this, ensure that your data is being stored locally (C: Drive), and see if this resolves the issue.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.
    Ray Bowen said:
    Are the people (including any Moderators) on this thread just users of Quicken and not actual "Quicken tech support" personnel? 
    @Ray Bowen In regard to the question you asked above, we invite you to review this Community FAQ which explains "who is who" in the Community.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ray Bowen
    Ray Bowen Member ✭✭
    Quicken Anja, the reason for the question is that since at least early January, you, Quicken Jared, Quicken Paloma, and Quicken Jade has "chimed in" with comments or suggestions. So, in nearly three months, no solution to the problem. Maybe I am the only one that is willing to express our frustration, with no progress. You and I know that Quicken is more robust than any online application and the fact that Quicken is now a subscription service, I hate the fact that I have to continue to pay for the software when basic functionality crashes the software. And please don't respond with "I can go somewhere else, if I'm not happy."
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 26
    @Ray Bowen Thank you for your response and feedback, though sorry to hear about your frustration.

Bear in mind that the Community does not work the same as Quicken Support and is primarily user-to-user based. While we as moderators help respond to posts as much as we can, we also have other moderation tasks that we are required to tend to throughout each of our scheduled shifts.

In regard to this issue specifically; this was previously reported internally by multiple members of our Community moderation team back when it was first posted about here in the Community. It has since been investigated internally by our Product and Development teams which came to the conclusion that I mentioned above in my previous comment. Please refer back to that comment. 

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • rlafayette
    rlafayette Member
    I have been having this same problem since the most recent update to R39.23 (Quicken freezes and crashes when selecting Bills & Income). I have also done the validation and repair process, uninstalled and reinstalled, and taking my Quicken file out of a Google Drive sync folder and placed it locally on my computer in a folder that does NOT sync online. I still have the problem despite taking the online/cloud-based backup service out of the equation.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest that you NOT store backups on your C drive ... but rather on a USB drive.  If you store them on your C drive and it fails ... you've lost both.
    I'm running R39.23 and just tested "Bills, Income & Transfers" via the BILLS, main menu item and also via the method suggested by @mshiggins on 3/25.  Both worked as expected without error and I'm not running any cloud-based backup.  I backup to a USB drive.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Ray Bowen
    Ray Bowen Member ✭✭
    OK, now I cannot select "Home" without Quicken crashing. I do not have Carbonite, I do not store the backup on any cloud, I have already Validated & Repaired the file and Super Validated & Repaired the file, I have uninstalled and re-installed Quicken. What next?
  • Ray Bowen
    Ray Bowen Member ✭✭
    edited March 31
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Quicken Anja
    Ray Bowen said:
    OK, now I cannot select "Home" without Quicken crashing. I do not have Carbonite, I do not store the backup on any cloud, I have already Validated & Repaired the file and Super Validated & Repaired the file, I have uninstalled and re-installed Quicken. What next?
    Next, would be to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

If that does not resolve the issue then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.