Need a Passcode (six digits) to access Financial institution - here my credit union

jah47Ed
jah47Ed Member ✭✭
My credit union has initiated two-step authentication. I managed to connect Quicken Premier to the credit union's servers one time (Friday A.M.) using the provided passcode.
Is this "one and you're done", or will I need a new passcode every time I use Quicken and want to download/update my checking account? I am curious about the Quicken users who are also customers of BNY Mellon. Was there finally a solution or workaround on BNY Mellow passcodes. Let me know.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    jah47Ed said:
    My credit union has initiated two-step authentication. I managed to connect Quicken Premier to the credit union's servers one time (Friday A.M.) using the provided passcode.
    Is this "one and you're done", or will I need a new passcode every time I use Quicken and want to download/update my checking account? I am curious about the Quicken users who are also customers of BNY Mellon. Was there finally a solution or workaround on BNY Mellow passcodes. Let me know.
    Hello @jah47ed

I am sorry to hear about this issue with passcode authentication. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Just so I am clear: have you already been prompted for a passcode whenever you are attempting to update your accounts, or is this a question about possible future circumstances? Generally, the prompt should be a one-time phenomenon, however this can vary by financial institution.

If you are noticing these prompts frequently, be sure to search your online banking profile with BNY Melon for any notices or menu options regarding the enabling of third-party software. It may be that there is a required step of allowing access for Quicken or similar programs on the financial institution's website. 

Additionally, it may be necessary to contact support at BNY Melon regarding the proper settings for interactions with external software products. I recommend asking to speak with 'Tier 2' representatives or an escalations team when reaching out by phone, as these individuals will be more likely to have knowledge of third-party programs, like Quicken.

I hope this is helpful and informative.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.