Is this offer of support from a Quicken developer real? I responded but never heard back.

robinsd
robinsd Windows Beta Beta
Hi,
I'm beginning to think the email below was phishing from a compromised internal Quicken staff account.  Would someone from Quicken staff like to respond?  I'm concerned about this.

[Edited to Remove Private Info]
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @robinsd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

I can confirm that this email you received is a valid email sent by Quicken staff. Sachin, Abhijit, and Dale are all staff members of our Product and Development team.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's poke @Quicken_Dale and see what he has to say.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @robinsd,

This seems like it may be real, especially since it was sent in a time frame (early January) when many users were having issues related to the Schwab change in connection problem.  Also that fact that you are doing Beta makes you a good subject for providing assistance.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @robinsd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

I can confirm that this email you received is a valid email sent by Quicken staff. Sachin, Abhijit, and Dale are all staff members of our Product and Development team.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the contact should have initiated thru the normal beta testing channels (their part of this forum) and not a plain email that anyone could spoof.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • robinsd
    robinsd Windows Beta Beta
    All very nice but they never got back in touch with me after I responded twice so it doesn't seem genuine to me.  And my Schwab balance in my brokerage account is off by tens of thousands, still.  Great support. /s
This discussion has been closed.