Quicken Update Program Error

Currently running R38.30 and every time the Quicken Update Program tries to update I get the error "quickenPatch needs administrative privileges to update Quicken. You can do this one of two ways: 1. When prompted, enter an administrator's username and password. 2. In Windows Explorer right click quickenPatch.exe and click "Run as Administrator""

It never prompts for an administrator's username/password, and never shows where the quickenPatch.exe is located.

The update program always used to always run fine, but now wont' update. I have administrative privileges by the way.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why this would suddenly start happening, but I can point you to the patch program:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\quickenPatch.exe
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quickenPatch.exe is located in the Quicken folder in the ProgramFiles (x86) or ProgramFiles folder depending on whether you're running a 64-bit or 32-bit Windows operating system.

I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
This discussion has been closed.