Can I retrieve data from Quicken Mobile?

sbev521
sbev521 Member
My computer died unexpectedly (is it ever expected!). I did not realize that somehow my auto-backup location moved to the hard drive of the computer I was on. As a result, the only backup file I can find is two years old. Apparently, sync is no help. My question is this: I can see all my current data/transactions on quicken mobile. Short of hand-entering data, can it be moved in bulk? I tried chatting with quicken but was ghosted.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @sbev521,

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question, I am sorry to hear that your computer gave out on you. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to download your data file from the Mobile App or through Quicken on the web when using a Windows computer. 

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. 
    Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    nope - its not all your data anyway... just a small subset of your selected Quicken Accounts -
    BTW - you might have to revisit your overall disk backup strategy .... 
    I make a backup of my /Docs /Photos to an external USB drive... and alternate between my two 2TB USB drives.

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the only avenue I had available to restore my data was from Quicken on the web, I would look at copy/pasting from the web page into Excel, then use a CSV to QIF like @Chris_QPW has created to import back into Quicken.

Without trying it, it's hard to say how much manipulation would be needed to get the Excel data formatted to use with the CSV to QIF. 
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sbev521 said:
    My computer died unexpectedly (is it ever expected!). I did not realize that somehow my auto-backup location moved to the hard drive of the computer I was on. As a result, the only backup file I can find is two years old. ...
    Was it the computer which died or did the hard disk crash, but the computer still works?
    If the computer died but the hard disk is still in working order, you can (have someone) remove it from the old computer, insert it into an empty USB hard drive case and then use it to copy all your documents, pictures, Quicken files, etc. to the new computer's hard disk.

This discussion has been closed.