Patch has stopped the reconciliation from working correctly

Patch has stopped the reconciliation from working correctly I can add a new Payee and category and amount like I have done in the past. since the last patch that part of the program stopped working, nothing that I add does not show up in the pop up screen and I have sent a lot of reports, to get that resolved as usual nothing has been done, the question are they working on fix the reconciliation not updating?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited March 21
    Patch has stopped the reconciliation from working correctly I can add a new Payee and category and amount like I have done in the past. since the last patch that part of the program stopped working, nothing that I add does not show up in the pop up screen and I have sent a lot of reports, to get that resolved as usual nothing has been done, the question are they working on fix the reconciliation not updating?
    Hello @Bruce.Campbell

I am sorry to hear about this issue with reconciliation. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this matter.

What version of Quicken are you currently running? You can check this by going to Help > About Quicken in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, do you mean to say that transactions are not appearing in the Reconcile window? 

If this is the case, please restore from a backup saved just prior to when you most recently updated your Quicken software by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. We recommend that users make sure to save backups frequently by going to the same menu and selecting Copy or Backup File... so that you have backups available to restore from in situations such as these. I am eager to hear if the behavior continues in a restored backup file.

I hope to hear back from you, should you have the chance to drop by and discuss this again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • The version I am using is R39.23 build 27.1.39.23, When I click on reconcile it has a pop up that ask do you want to Download transaction for this account or Reconcile without downloading which I select. Everything on the register is correct all the charges and payments are listed, the the pop up screen to reconcile, I put in the information click Ok The reconcile screen comes up with me to mark off what cleared I noticed that one of the monthly charges does not appear in the list even though it is listed in the registry but not on the Reconcile Sheet to mark off what has cleared, and this started when the last update went out.
  • By the way Jared I did send in screenshots through the Quicken report issues
  • I had to save the difference for it to save as a balance adjustment and then go back in and change the name form Balance Adjustment to a Expense Charge, why , because I had it listed in the registry.
  • Quicken Jared
    I had to save the difference for it to save as a balance adjustment and then go back in and change the name form Balance Adjustment to a Expense Charge, why , because I had it listed in the registry.
    Hello @Bruce.Campbell

Thank you for keeping in contact with the Quicken Community about the situation. I am sorry that I was unable to reply sooner.

Was changing the Balance Adjustment in the account register successful? Also, are you still noticing the issue with adding Payees and Categories?

If so, I had wanted to inquire about where your current active data file was located. You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is saved locally, to your computer, and is not being kept on an external drive or cloud-based storage service.

I look forward to hearing from you once more.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • My whole program is saved on one drive and the back up is saved on another drive, this is how I have done it for as long as I have had the program, from when Quicken was still part of Intuit, it is only now when this last patch came out that I started having issues with the reconciliation.
  • Quicken Jared
    My whole program is saved on one drive and the back up is saved on another drive, this is how I have done it for as long as I have had the program, from when Quicken was still part of Intuit, it is only now when this last patch came out that I started having issues with the reconciliation.
    Hello @Bruce.Campbell, 

I do apologize that this issue is ongoing, as of now. Thank you for continuing to provide updates about what is happening. 

Be sure to move your data file to your computer, and then save a backup before following the steps below in order to validate the data file once it has been moved over:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to hear from you once this has been attempted.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When you added the new transaction (assume that is what you meant when you said you added a payee and category), did you make sure the date is within the ending statement period?  (Note that if reconciling to the online balance that might be a date in the past).  You can click on the Balances button in the reconcile window to see that date.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.