2 questions:

Why does my Bill and Income Reminder window lose both bills and income reminders? Makes me have to keep track instead of the system. Not satisfactory.

I have two step verification with the NFCU website, along with most other banks, CUs. Why Does my "One Step Updates" require 2 sets of 2 step verification processes with NFCU. Why is this necessary, and why 2 sets of verifications?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    Hi @C B,

I cannot answer your first question based on the above, but if you provide more information that may help.

On the second item, do you happen to have two different logins, or access numbers (perhaps one for you and another for your spouse)?  If so, that is why you are seeing two different 2-step verifications.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• C B
    C B Member ✭✭
    1. Can't give you much more info on the missing reminders. They just stop showing up in all reminders windows. These are individual reminders, that usually are part of an annual scheduled set of reminders, but only the one at the time period selected (next 7, 14, 30 etc. days or for that selected month.) They usually show up the next month. I have to copy and paste other month's reminders to get them back. Not helpful or useful. :s

2. I am the only one to use Quicken in my household, and have only one set of passwords (data file and update). Before I set NFCU website to do 2 step verification, there were NO requirements to do the verification during direct connect or direct web connect on ANY of my financial institutions that I have 2 step verification set up on the web sites. After I called NFCU Tech support, they disabled 2 step verification for the website for one week, the the 2 sets of 2 step verification went away on Quicken. They returned after a week. NFCU Tech support said it wasn't their problem. I doesn't make sense that NFCU is the only site that has 2 step verification during the direct connect, direct web connect process. Why would this be????
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    Hi again @ C B,

On my second question - I was referring to NFCU Access Numbers, not to Quicken data files or Quicken passwords. 

To say  it another way - both my wife and myself are NFCU members and we each have NFCU "access numbers" issued by NFCU.  When I use One Step Update  to update our accounts in Quicken I always get 2 prompts for the 2-step verification - one for my account and one for her accounts.  I believe that is what you are seeing and it is normal behavior for Quicken.

On the Bill & Income Reminder issue - the problem could be that your setting (when you setup the reminder(s) ) is set to expire on a certain date or time.  I suggest that you make sure that the proper time frame is set for the "End Date" field in the reminder.  See the Snip below for that setting:

Let me know.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• C B
    C B Member ✭✭
    Frankx

We have only one NFCU Access number.

I checked, but I usually have to go to the next entry's scheduled month or quarter to copy and paste it back into the current month that it has disappeared. I checked two of the ones that disappeared this month, and they both have no end dates.
This discussion has been closed.