Quicken Bill Pay Discontinued

I am very disappointed that Quicken Bill Pay has been discontinued and replaced with Quick Pay and Check Pay in the Bills and Income section of Quicken. The new process is much more cumbersome than before and takes much longer to actually pay a bill online.
This is a significant step back regarding Quicken functionality and Quicken should consider reinstating the old functionality.
How do other feel about this?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metavante Payment Services terminated their Quicken Bill Pay service at the end of August 2020.  If you want to issue payments from within Quicken as you did with Quicken Bill Pay, I suggest you use one of the 500 financial institutions that still support online bill payment services over the Direct Connect connection method.
  • Steve Singleton
    Steve Singleton Member ✭✭
    I was with Suntrust Bank for years and online bill pay worked great there. Suntrust has now become Truist Bank and apparently, it does not allow the use of the former online bill pay.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was with Suntrust Bank for years and online bill pay worked great there. Suntrust has now become Truist Bank and apparently, it does not allow the use of the former online bill pay.
    If a financial institution no longer provides the service you want it to provide, I suggest you consider using a financial institution that does.
  • BOB139
    BOB139 Member ✭✭
    > @Steve Singleton said:
    > I was with Suntrust Bank for years and online bill pay worked great there. Suntrust has now become Truist Bank and apparently, it does not allow the use of the former online bill pay.

It is supposed to work, just that there is a $8/month fee, a clunky process to set it up, and many users are reporting issues. Although I am uncertain if those are related to not following the clunky process.

Oh and when you go to add the account you're going to see Branch Banking & Trust Co, Truist Bank, Truist Online Banking, and possibly a few others. The one you need to select is Truist Online Banking which was called BB&T Online a few weeks ago if you are looking at a guide/post on how to set it up that's just a few days too old.

If your Quicken is syncing to the "wrong bank" you will need to right click your account, select edit, go to the online services tab, and select deactivate. In addition you will need to DELETE the financial instantiation name on the general tab (I would save and reopen for good measure) otherwise Quicken is going to force you to sync with the "wrong bank" when you try to setup online again. Once it's synced with the correct bank you'll see on the online tab something like "your bank supports a better connection method, click here to switch"

Sign in to Truist.com, click your name to the left of the Sign Out button, Profile & Settings, Preferences, Quickbooks Subscribe. Make sure you read the FAQ Why do I have to register a date file and Why is there a time limit for a data file registration.

Presumably the Register Data file process instructions will be presented after you subscribe.
  • gl_homE2
    gl_homE2 Member
    I have a similar issue as follows: Sun Trust bill pay over 10 years, no problems. But after the merger I followed the directions and selected the online bill pay. Everything defaulted to Express connect with the loss of bill pay functionality etc. and error message OLB on data file.
    Now that the issue is supposed fixed is there a guide on what to do both on Truist site and Quicken or should the above steps work?
This discussion has been closed.