One Step Update never completes and is not responding

My One Step Update never completes and finally the task manager reports the program is not responding. I have let it sit and run for over an hour and still it not finish. I have rebooted the computer (Microsoft Surface) but it will not complete. Help!!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bobwills828,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this problem, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • bobwills828
    bobwills828 Member
    Thank you for your prompt reply and suggested actions. I followed all the directions but this did not correct the issue. I run One Step and it never finishes and finally is just Not Responding. When I restart the program, there maybe(sometimes) one of the accounts that has updated but never more than that or more than one. I have even tried to go into each account page and update them individually, that does not work. What now?
  • merighen
    merighen Member
    I have been having the same problem bobwills828 describes. I had not used Quicken for about 6 weeks, so when I opened the program it automatically installed a software update. Fortunately I have backed up data. I tried everything suggested above, and have done multiple uninstall and reinstall. I've turned off all firewall software. I've renamed, re-booted ad nauseum. I don't know what else to try. I'm not a happy camper.
  • TXMikey
    TXMikey Member
    I have the same problems as bobwills828 describes, have followed the recommended fix, and continue to have the problem. Also continue to have problems with the app crashing, extremely slow response times when opening app and entering transactions. Currently running Quicken version R39.23 on Windows 11
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

Thank you for joining this discussion and confirming that the issue persists even after attempting the instructions previously provided.

Have any of you checked if the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access is enabled? If so, please review and follow the instructions found in this Community FAQ next and see if it helps. 

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • bobwills828
    bobwills828 Member
    I tried this now. When I first looked at my security settings, it was not active. It was off.
    So I used the information above and added a protected folder and a protected app for Quicken. This did not have any positive effect and I still cannot complete an Update.
  • Quicken Anja
    @bobwills828 Thank you for the follow-up, though I am sorry to hear that the issue still continues to persist.

At this point, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly instead for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭
    I think I'm having the same issue.  One Step Update updates my first two accounts (USAA -- Direct Connect), but then freezes waiting for the 2FA prompt for the next accounts (NFCU - Express Web Connect -- the only ones requiring 2FA).  If I change the OSU settings to not update NFCU, it goes to the final two accounts (Schwab -- Express Web Connect+), freezes for a bit, changes Quicken's screen to black for a bit, then finishes with a CC-501 for Schwab.

Is yours freezing after any particular type of account?
  • bobwills828
    bobwills828 Member
    mine is freezing on all my accounts. I tried to run it for all, freezes, then ran each one individually and it still freezes. It is even freezing when I deactivate an account and then try to set it up again. I am getting so frustrated!!
This discussion has been closed.